+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bruce...

Steve Bruce...

...resigned this morning despite the battle over compensation still having to be sorted with Ashley.
    I know it’s probably indirectly good news for us but what a guy...four months of the season at Wednesday and then he walks out.
    What price loyalty...and what price Rowett fancying the short drive up the M1 to be the next manager at Hillsborough?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...resigned this morning despite the battle over compensation still having to be sorted with Ashley.
    I know it’s probably indirectly good news for us but what a guy...four months of the season at Wednesday and then he walks out.
    What price loyalty...and what price Rowett fancying the short drive up the M1 to be the next manager at Hillsborough?
    There is no loyalty on either side in football these days, players and managers come in kiss the badge say this is always where \i wanted to be, then along comes another offer and away they go, but then it works both ways, clubs will ditch players and managers as and when it suits.

I'd have thought the Toon was a risky move, but then get a 3 year contract on £5 plus million a year, its worth the risk I guess!

RA doubt it will Rowett their fans won't forgive him for sending Butters there and nicking Winnall of them There will be the usual candidates Pardew, Hollowhead, McLaren , Karanka, Monk

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA doubt it will Rowett their fans won't forgive him for sending Butters there and nicking Winnall of them There will be the usual candidates Pardew, Hollowhead, McLaren , Karanka, Monk
    Probably right...Karanka and Monk certainly and probably Danny Cowley and Hughton too. Rowett will fancy it though...still lives in Allestree/Darley Abbey I think...easy journey.

Probably right...Karanka and Monk certainly and probably Danny Cowley and Hughton too. Rowett will fancy it though...still lives in Allestree/Darley Abbey I think...easy journey.
    I hope Rowett doesn't get it they have a very good squad now Theve managed get the loans back who they got last Jan Would be a good job for whoever gets it Have to fancy them a bit next season

A Wendy mate is glad Bruce has left and wants Hughton in as replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A Wendy mate is glad Bruce has left and wants Hughton in as replacement.
    Can’t say I blame him...given a choice of Hughton, Karanka, Cowley and Bruce at Derby and I think Bruce would come bottom.
    Ten clubs in twenty years of management speaks volumes.

Plus, Bruce likes to spend.....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Plus, Bruce likes to spend.....
    He couldn't to it at Villa he would have no chance at Derby

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    He couldn't to it at Villa he would have no chance at Derby
    Can’t help seeing a return to a season of strife and under achievement for Newcastle.
    Two decent managers in the last ten years...they sacked Hughton and Benitez walked away.
    Appointing Bruce reminds me of them going after McClaren four years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)