+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This week

I read earlier about Hardy going to Florida on Twitter. I can't think this is i any way good news for Notts, if only for the fact that it's probably unlikely that any serious developments could happen while he's away. I think this demonstrates, if there was one iota of doubt left, that Alan Hardy just does not care about what happens to this club, apart from for his own sake.

It actually beggars belief that he'd perform a disappearing act at this parlous time for the football club, family holiday or not, and leads me to believe he knows exactly what the outcome is going to be - him placing Notts into administration.

Unfortunately masson4 I think you are correct.

The club is heading to administration and possibly worse.

So what if he has gone to Florida. When there is nothing on the table and like many a company owner, their lives go on. He won’t know the vast majority so has no emotional attachment. So when it goes tits up he is 6000 miles away. In a safe environment.
    Or
    It is now with lawyers. The deal has been agreed subject to contracts being signed. In a digital day and age, this can be done and often is, on different continents. Look at player signings in the Premiership. The holiday was arranged some time ago, an opportunity to take the family away.
    Or
    Pigs might fly

Quote Originally Posted by Masson4 View Post
    I read earlier about Hardy going to Florida on Twitter. I can't think this is i any way good news for Notts, if only for the fact that it's probably unlikely that any serious developments could happen while he's away. I think this demonstrates, if there was one iota of doubt left, that Alan Hardy just does not care about what happens to this club, apart from for his own sake.

It actually beggars belief that he'd perform a disappearing act at this parlous time for the football club, family holiday or not, and leads me to believe he knows exactly what the outcome is going to be - him placing Notts into administration.
    It seems clear where his priorities lie.

Seems very scant evidence that he’s gone to Florida, but it could be good news? Might mean the takeover is nearly done?

Of course he might have gone to escape the heat from the kitchen.

“While I hoped and expected a takeover to have been completed before today’s hearing, I am pleased to say I will be buying some designer clothing and going on a luxury holiday in the coming days.

“I would like to thank all our supporters for their continued patience. I will provide a further update in due course.”

Seriously though. If he really is on holiday, I doubt there will be any movement on the deal - unless he has exchanged contracts with the Danes already, which is unlikely. The great thing about 'in the coming days' is that it can literally mean anytime in the future.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 15-07-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So what if he has gone to Florida. When there is nothing on the table and like many a company owner, their lives go on. He won’t know the vast majority so has no emotional attachment. So when it goes tits up he is 6000 miles away. In a safe environment.
    Or
    It is now with lawyers. The deal has been agreed subject to contracts being signed. In a digital day and age, this can be done and often is, on different continents. Look at player signings in the Premiership. The holiday was arranged some time ago, an opportunity to take the family away.
    Or
    Pigs might fly
    Fair points, I'll still go with option C.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    It seems clear where his priorities lie.
    I hope he hasn't done a "John Stonehouse", if anyone can remember that far back.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Doubt we'll get a third adjournment so we will have some movement one way or another this next fortnight.
    I just don't see anyone buying our huge debt or Hardy being allowed to write it off so I'm expecting administration at best now.
    Really hope I'm wrong and the Danes come through but I don't believe we're going to be that lucky.
    Already had 3 adjournments

The week will drift by with nothing happening as will next week. Then the following week we'll enter administration on the Monday. If I was a gambling man I'd put money on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast