+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will fans accept Steve Bruce ?

Will fans accept Steve Bruce ?

Will he be accepted or do you hope he gets stick at every opportunity

I don't think he has conducted himself very well, it seems there has been a lack of loyalty on his part towards Sheff Wed. For that, he has gone down in my estimation.

Also, if he a true fan (or a local) he would understand why he shouldn't be working for Mike Ashley.

Furthermore, his abilities as a manager seems to be average at best.

Not excited about him at all, but there are bigger problems at the club than Steve Bruce being our manager, so in some sense I don't really care about him. I just want Ashley out...

Once a few signings are made and the season gets closer fans will probably accept that bruce is sh1t but its not his fault ashley appointed him.
    As i read the out cry against ashley for the events over the last month,i just recall walking into SJP 11 minutes into the west ham game and being roundly BOOooed...those knackers are getting the club they deserve

Quote Originally Posted by toonfalifekevbrown View Post
    Will he be accepted or do you hope he gets stick at every opportunity
    Well there's only one on here will in a usual attempt to be controversial.

For my part even before we were fortunate to have Rafa when we had mediocre mangers and there was about to be a change like most on here I cringed at the thought of Bruce.

Those thoughts were rubber stamped by the comments there were constantly on here while he was holding the reins at Blunderland.

I think 'grudging acceptance at best' is what he'll be faced with it it won't take long if results don't go our way. There won't be a honeymoon period-fans will be on his back first bad run we hit, imo.

And, frankly, I won't blame the fans...he's the fat slug's yes man and knows exactly what he's walking into. After what he told that newspaper in Sheffield initially about staying to resigning so that he can come here...he's acted without class and I'll have absolutely no sympathy for him when the shit hits the fan. Which it will.

I agree with Hughie and Zip here.

Agree with Zip.

Grudging acceptance is the best he can get and no honeymoon period.

It's going to be a **** storm.

Quote Originally Posted by ranat22 View Post
    Once a few signings are made and the season gets closer fans will probably accept that bruce is sh1t but its not his fault ashley appointed him.
    As i read the out cry against ashley for the events over the last month,i just recall walking into SJP 11 minutes into the west ham game and being roundly BOOooed...those knackers are getting the club they deserve
    And the niaive lot who cancelled the boycotting of the Wolves game, fell for a fakeover yet again. And those who turned up who, FFS, took the hook, yet again.

We didn't go, we've seen through the fat ****.

The Mackem loving Cabbage Patch Doll can f*ck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The Mackem loving Cabbage Patch Doll can f*ck right off.
    Did we ever find out what song he was going to play if the unwashed beat us while he was in charge?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)