+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Off topic - Great North Run

Off topic - Great North Run

Hello everyone,
    I'm not posting too much, but read this board from time to time to get what the general feelings around the city are - you don't always get it when reading news and watching matches on TV. Sad to see Toon in that turmoil, but... hate to say, I'm getting used to it. There was bink of hope with that takeover news. Honestly, I'm a bit thankful to that, as for a short moment of time I've felt something that I used to feel with the begining of every new season some years ago.

Anyway, back to the topic. I've got a dream to run Great North Run. Not this year, as I need to spare some money, get visa etc, but hopefully next one - in 2020. Sadly there is usualy an internation break, so no Newcastle game, but anyway.
    The problem is with that ballot system, so I have to apply and hope that I'm lucky enough to get a spot. But I can run for a charity and get a spot from them. So the question is - is there any ways to get a spot via local charities for a foreigner? We've had Dan's charity, is it still functioning?

Thanks for an answers (if any).

Alright, man. I think your best bet is to get in touch with some local charities e.g. St Cuthbert's Care, St Oswald's Hospice and explain your situation to them.

June is the best one to talk to about Dan's charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Alright, man. I think your best bet is to get in touch with some local charities e.g. St Cuthbert's Care, St Oswald's Hospice and explain your situation to them.

June is the best one to talk to about Dan's charity.
    Dan's charity is still running but we haven't really done much the past few years - mainly the predictions thing on here.
    we thought about winding it up but are reluctant to do so as it is in memory of Dan himself.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)