+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VAR offside calls + coloured boots ...

I think the best answer would be to revert back to the clear daylight rule. Being a knee or a foot offside isn't cheating to gain an advantage.

It is how an attacking player should play on the shoulder of his marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I think the best answer would be to revert back to the clear daylight rule. Being a knee or a foot offside isn't cheating to gain an advantage.

It is how an attacking player should play on the shoulder of his marker.
    I think it is safe to say that however the rule is changed or interpreted it will still cause controversy. And what would football be like without a bit of controversy? That's right, tiddlywinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    All those that knock the assistants but have never qualified to do so, go give it a try.

Also have a go at being a ref if only for one game. Only then will you appreciate the split second decisions you have to make in a game.

I officiated for 15 years at junior and senior level and had a great experience. I sometimes made mistakes but learned from them so as not to repeat them but you know what? I wish I could do it all over again.

I have true admiration for those who wish to officiate but I also do not like how the man/women in the middle makes everything go through them. Assistants are there to aid a Ref and are sometimes in a far better position to make a decision. This I feel is what incites the crowd to feel ‘cheated’ more at certain times in a game.
    Fit ref's with High Def Body cams then give the "experts" one look at normal speed at what the ref saw not ump**** views from umpteem angles in slo-mo

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    All those that knock the assistants but have never qualified to do so, go give it a try.

Also have a go at being a ref if only for one game. Only then will you appreciate the split second decisions you have to make in a game.

I officiated for 15 years at junior and senior level and had a great experience. I sometimes made mistakes but learned from them so as not to repeat them but you know what? I wish I could do it all over again.

I have true admiration for those who wish to officiate but I also do not like how the man/women in the middle makes everything go through them. Assistants are there to aid a Ref and are sometimes in a far better position to make a decision. This I feel is what incites the crowd to feel ‘cheated’ more at certain times in a game.
    Done both Brin! Piece of piss! Anyone that says otherwise has never played the game!

I’ve reffed a few games (years ago) but I'm still standing by what I’ve said.

We’ve all seen them with blinkers on or in some cases totally blind

I’m sure you’ve moaned about things on here Brin so maybe we could say same to you lol
    Last edited by millertop; 16-07-2019 at 02:53 PM.

It's all down to what the refs see. If they don't see a incident then they can't give it.
    Bring on the technology imo. We wouldn't have had a exciting world cup of cricket without it.
    Yeah it needs tweeking a bit but goal line technology has been great. Why not touchline sensor's

Agree with using the Technology but even though you can be just 1mm offside it's no advantage as such. Think the margins should be tweaked a bit

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    It's all down to what the refs see. If they don't see a incident then they can't give it.
    Bring on the technology imo. We wouldn't have had a exciting world cup of cricket without it.
    Yeah it needs tweeking a bit but goal line technology has been great. Why not touchline sensor's
    But and it's a big but! They give things that they can't have seen because sometimes they give decisions for things that never happened.

The removal of brown paper envelopes would help a great deal. Ask Neal Warnock after some shocking decisions against "Top Teams" ?

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    The removal of brown paper envelopes would help a great deal. Ask Neal Warnock after some shocking decisions against "Top Teams" ?
    You have to careful what you write! When Uncle Colin reads this he could take issue with it and sue! I'll leave it up for now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast