+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR offside calls + coloured boots ...

VAR offside calls + coloured boots ...

... based on the number of marginal calls would grass coloured boots be the answer ?

And camo painted knees and arms

Reminds me of a game I watched last season where the black Watford players were made to change their black leggings to green to be the same colour as their shorts. The one's not wearing leggings weren't told to change the colour of their legs!

Opportunity for a kempoo investment. VAR Boots. Put sensors in the players Boots.
    I will sell 99% of the idea for a pound

Definitely not green boots
    Lino’s probably need to have their eyes checked more often, some are just laughable.
    Maybe sensors on the Ball would be a good bet Cayton

I dread the day when technological advances completely eliminate refereeing errors. Who will we blame then when we lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    I dread the day when technological advances completely eliminate refereeing errors. Who will we blame then when we lose?
    Still blame the Ref
    It’s the Lino’s that bug me, don’t know why some even turn up, they just look at the Ref

Most refs tell the Lino,s not to make any decisions until asked to do so hence why the Assistants appear to be just looking at the ref.
    What they,re actually doing is waiting to be asked for an opinion.

Unless they,re inept and don't know what they,re doing. We,ve had a few of those in the past and will get more in div one

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Most refs tell the Lino,s not to make any decisions until asked to do so hence why the Assistants appear to be just looking at the ref.
    What they,re actually doing is waiting to be asked for an opinion.

Unless they,re inept and don't know what they,re doing. We,ve had a few of those in the past and will get more in div one
    It winds me up when the ball is clearly out/in by miles and the Lino just leaves it to Ref who is nowhere near

I even shouted to Parkgate Lino to stand with last man
    Last edited by millertop; 16-07-2019 at 09:31 AM.

All those that knock the assistants but have never qualified to do so, go give it a try.

Also have a go at being a ref if only for one game. Only then will you appreciate the split second decisions you have to make in a game.

I officiated for 15 years at junior and senior level and had a great experience. I sometimes made mistakes but learned from them so as not to repeat them but you know what? I wish I could do it all over again.

I have true admiration for those who wish to officiate but I also do not like how the man/women in the middle makes everything go through them. Assistants are there to aid a Ref and are sometimes in a far better position to make a decision. This I feel is what incites the crowd to feel ‘cheated’ more at certain times in a game.
    Last edited by Brin; 16-07-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast