+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Boycott Hillsborough Campaign

The Boycott Hillsborough Campaign

Doing the rounds on social media and bbs , charging us £39 for our first away game of the season .

I think as a collective stance this is probably a decent shout , the away end won't be totally empty of course but looking like enough are joining the campaign to make a huge point .

However fans have to bear in mind we are charging wendy fans the same price for the return fixture because of their pricing of the fixture at Hillsborough .

Surely we have to boycott the home game too don't we ?

What's your thoughts .

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/boy...orough.281258/

Such is the football life in premier junior

I’ m hopefully going. I think 20 is plenty, but I’m not missing it. Will I have to ride a gauntlet of “Scab” taunts on my way
    through Wadsley Bridge?
    I also get the articles reference to Beer and food. It’s half an hour away. 45!minutes for me.... I’ll drive, no beer, and eat before and after match at home. No programme. There will be two of us. I agree it’s extortion, but I don’t think it’ll change. The Football Supporters Association have levied for years, but there’s owners who don’t give a stuff if there are away fans in attendance...
    Last edited by Jules88; 16-07-2019 at 09:08 AM.

I'm not boycotting it. Just don't fancy paying £39 quid when I can watch the racing.

I'm not boycotting it , I was never going to go , no championship football game is worth more than £30 in my opinion and you could argue that it's not worth even that but £30 is my limit and I won't be going over that .

I sincerely hope the campaign's a huge success and there's less than a hundred reds fans sat on Leppings Lane .

It's bin a long time in coming. Hope we sell none