+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Millers at Farsley Celtic tonight (GAME OFF - DANGEROUS PITCH!)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Might have been a good idea for somebody from RUFC to have checked that everything was ok yesterday or during the week, but...
    Don’t agree with you mike.
    Farsley have just been promoted, the FA have agreed to the fixture and it should be Farsleys responsibility to prepare it to the required standard.

Do you fancy checking out Bradford Park Avenue so we don’t have a wasted journey on Wednesday night ?

Everybody was in Germany yesterday so couldn't check

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Game has been cancelled Mike.
    Pitch not safe
    Some nettles near the corner flag.

Whoever organised the dates for the tour to Germany and these friendlies really needs to look at what they did.

Players arrive back in U.K. in the early hours of Tuesday and then some of them are expected to play that same evening at an away fixture through heavy traffic in rush hour around Leeds.
    I know we would have all given it a go but that situation isn't conducive to rest and recouperation for a pro sportsman.
    Same again tomorrow night.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Whoever organised the dates for the tour to Germany and these friendlies really needs to look at what they did.

Players arrive back in U.K. in the early hours of Tuesday and then some of them are expected to play that same evening at an away fixture through heavy traffic in rush hour around Leeds.
    I know we would have all given it a go but that situation isn't conducive to rest and recouperation for a pro sportsman.
    Same again tomorrow night.

Really?
    Have to agree FB.
    Poor planning, most of the players looked shagged out walking away from the Farsley ground.

Another days rest then bradders will feel the backlash tomoz

Who arranges these games but don’t bother checking on pitch

Yes I understand we don’t want to risk players, I’m 100% behind that but you have got to check the pitch ffs.

Polly been sent to check Bradford for tomorrow.

Micky Mouse never left by the looks

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Who arranges these games but don’t bother checking on pitch

Yes I understand we don’t want to risk players, I’m 100% behind that but you have got to check the pitch ffs.

Polly been sent to check Bradford for tomorrow.

Micky Mouse never left by the looks
    I would have thought it was on the home team groundsman to report the fact that a meteorite had landed in the penalty area and that on top of that they couldn't get the mower working so best call the game off

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I would have thought it was on the home team groundsman to report the fact that a meteorite had landed in the penalty area and that on top of that they couldn't get the mower working so best call the game off
    Halifax played on it Saturday which didn’t seem to bother them, Surley some have a brain at the club and understand that when your playing in these leagues don’t have five star pitches.

Anyway I’ve calmed down now I’ve had something to eat

Will I turn up for tomorrow’s game....
    Last edited by millertop; 16-07-2019 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Might have been a good idea for somebody from RUFC to have checked that everything was ok yesterday or during the week, but...
    Mike they may reported us to the EFL for spying ala Derby....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast