+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you be supporting the team?

Will you be supporting the team?

When you are watching our games this coming season?

It's difficult. Normally I would say that we have to support the players no matter what as they are not at fault for what's going on. In some sense I feel this is the only right thing to do.

On the other hand, Ashley is taking the piss out of our club, and if we have a decent season he will somehow be able to legitimize the way he runs the club. A decent season is not a bad thing in of itself, but knowing Ashley he will stay on board, collect as much dinero as possible and leave us potentially hanging for relegation again.

It's actually really tough. In some ways, I wish we could just be relegated now and get it over with. I don't believe for one second he will sell the club whilst we are in the top division.

I feel for the players and I don't blame the want-away's. If they perform well, they will continue to have a sh!t, greedy owner who refuses to take the club forward and who is most happy with us on the brink of relegation (so he doesn't have to spend). If they do not perform well, we will likely get relegated but then at least some of them will be able to move on.

Dear me...............

I’ve never been so apathetic going into a new season, and there’s no point in really supporting the team until he’s gone......totally sickening.

I havent been to a game since he bought the club,was hard at first and after a few seasons I watched games on kodi,iptv etc when they were readily available.This year it's a clean break for me until he is gone.
    It's not our Newcastle United,its not the one my Da introduced me to.Hes knocking on a bit now.He loves his cricket and I took him to Chester Le Street when we beat New Zealand,and he was over the moon with Sundays result.
    He said to me all I need now is that fat cùnt to sell and we can have one last day at the match.I hope he gets it but in answer to supporting the team it's a NO from me.I cant associate with anything connected to Ashley.

It’s a NO from me

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’ve never been so apathetic going into a new season, and there’s no point in really supporting the team until he’s gone......totally sickening.
    Agreed.

I'll support the team in the sense I don't want us to lose but in not losing we validate the fat **** being here and the way he runs the club.

I don't know - i'm almost sick of football at the top level. Yet part of me can't stop watching/supporting etc.

It's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed.

I'll support the team in the sense I don't want us to lose but in not losing we validate the fat **** being here and the way he runs the club.

I don't know - i'm almost sick of football at the top level. Yet part of me can't stop watching/supporting etc.

It's horrible.
    Sums up how I feel perfectly.

Think Jammy has described how many of us feel there.

We love the game but it's being ruined - IMO - by money and greed generally, and more specifically in our case by Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Think Jammy has described how many of us feel there.

We love the game but it's being ruined - IMO - by money and greed generally, and more specifically in our case by Ashley.
    I will continue to support the team, the 11 players on the pitch. My Son and me have given up on our season tickets, I feel we are sacrificing something we love doing together, for (ultimately), the good of, what used to be our Club.

It was a decision we made before the end of the season that unless there was a massive sea change in the ambition of MA, we would pack in going.

Well, there has been, but for the worse, making that decision even easier.

But I will still watch them on the tele and I will still support and shout for them. No b@#t@rd of an owner will stop me doing that.

As an aside, if we do get relegated, I hope it's a damming one, with very few points as another means of highlighting just how much this greedy fat **** has ruined our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    I will continue to support the team, the 11 players on the pitch. My Son and me have given up on our season tickets, I feel we are sacrificing something we love doing together, for (ultimately), the good of, what used to be our Club.

It was a decision we made before the end of the season that unless there was a massive sea change in the ambition of MA, we would pack in going.

Well, there has been, but for the worse, making that decision even easier.

But I will still watch them on the tele and I will still support and shout for them. No b@#t@rd of an owner will stop me doing that.

As an aside, if we do get relegated, I hope it's a damming one, with very few points as another means of highlighting just how much this greedy fat **** has ruined our Club.
    I’ve given up completely with them now the appointment of Bruce has just shown me the total lack of ambition this Club has under Ashley.

No disrespect to Bruce but he is not a Premiership Manager I have taken the pledge not to even watch them this season. Will still pop on here though to read the doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    I’ve given up completely with them now the appointment of Bruce has just shown me the total lack of ambition this Club has under Ashley.

No disrespect to Bruce but he is not a Premiership Manager I have taken the pledge not to even watch them this season. Will still pop on here though to read the doom and gloom.
    I understand those not going Tez, but not to watch them play on TV, I couldn't do that.

I'd go mad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)