+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Stenhousemuir Predictions

I don't think our standards have to rise by that much to win the league, just no real sign of that happening..

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agreed, doing a good job, feel we are in safe hands that can take us forward if given the time to do so

Most stats back this up since ballumbie liked the game stats, then Neilsons record can't be ignored

Really can't understand the current feel around some of our fans, I must have dreamt the improvement in everyway on and off the park over the last year and how much better the present and future looks

I do disagree a bit with you ttt, one of our problems after January was not taking the chances we were creating, we did attack and we did make chances, that's obviously what we all do going forward, but we will be a solid side too that looks for result over performance if need be
    I also go along with this. I know some of our posters want Robbie to take the shackles off and let the team attack, attack, attack. I would love to see that too. And maybe that will come in due course.

However, he's like Levein in that he wants to make us a solid defensive unit first and foremost. Absolutely right IMO.

We ARE making progress. The stats back that up. We're rid of Csaba AND the Thomson regime. And I think we're in good shape for the league season. I'm not one of those that think we'll cruise to the title. Far from it. EVERY game we play the opposition will be out to get a scalp from us. We wont win every game. But I believe we have got the squad (almost - we need an out and out winger) to be strong challengers for the title.

Let's face it, if we are not right up there by the end of the calender year, he may well get punted. I hope not, cause with Ogren and Ashgar, Neilson's replacement could be really random and I fear that a bit.

I'm hoping Robbie will get there this season and give us a sound basis for a return to the top league.

I'm not buying the rumour that the championship will be easier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The draw at top 6 Hearts was flawed but a fantastic result, the win at 2nd division Stennie was ok, and therein lies the problem.

We go looking for ok results in our own league, and teams will be there to pick us off if our defenders present the chances Stennie had the other night. At the other end, being better organized will see our opponents disrupt and snub out our attacking threat, turning those wins into draws and defeats.

Look back at last season and tell me i am wrong? Dunfermline opener, Alloa home draw and away loss, 5-1 reversal at home to County.

We may have new owners, we may have a better coach and squad of players, but we seem to be playing the same way with a number of the same flaws! Stennies goal proved that!
    Even our best team EVER lost soft goals and lost games occasionally. I think you should give this new team a bit of time to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    I don't think anyone will be disappointed with 3 points at any time but on reflection of the game, may well be disappointed with the manner of the win and the disjointed, negative style of football being served up..
    It’s also about the increased risk of dropping points because of how we’re setup and play...

We risk losing the first goal, because we’re not pressing teams enough from the off. We then give the initiative to the opposition because of this.
    When teams did get in front against us last season, more often than not, we drew/lost the game, dropping valuable points, that cost us the league. The home game against Ayr was a great example. At least twice after that (and we’d fell away) we got ourselves back into contention, only to “drop the ball”, namely against Alloa away, then Partick away. I’m sure there were other games!

When we do go in front, we don’t (often anyway) take advantage of that time in the game where they are weakest, and press to get the important second goal that gives us a cushion, and really we should keep pressing to kill the game off. I appreciate that can’t happen all the time and might be more difficult against some opposition, BUT IT SHOULD BE THE APPROACH IN EVERY GAME!
    We had Ross County by the baws up there, only to draw in the last minute, because we never killed the game. While a win there may ultimately have made no difference to the eventual outcome, it would have least put them under far more pressure in their final games, instead they knew that draw essentially killed off our challenge. Again, I’m sure there would’ve been other games where we were fully in control, only to drop points because we never killed the game off.

All of the above, is why I want/believe we need to be more attack minded this season, otherwise I fear we’ll suffer the same fate again.

Arabest.

Well, with a couple of home games to come in the Betfred, we may well see that.

It would be nice to approach the 1st game of the league with a couple of solid wins under our belt.

Gotta admit, I'm excited and intrigued to see how Shankland performs. He's got off to a decent start. We need to feed him though.

There is an embarrassing thread on East futba, nutter... Hope the staff etc don't read it, going into a new season with that shyte getting posted.

There is an embarrassing thread on East futba, nutter... Hope the staff etc don't read it, going into a new season with that shyte getting posted.
    As much as i am moaning just now, and even considering the concerns i had when he arrived, i have no desire to see a change in management this side of Christmas!

I only read this forum, what’s been said, and by whom?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)