+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stenhousemuir Predictions

Now you are just being childish and silly duke as you are very very negative like stoke and jello (see I can just make things up too) but it's true they are no mugs when up for it in the opening home game trying to take a scalp at this stage of play on the plastic, as can be seen, mixed bag results wise tonight in the groups, if you look at there home results in the cups they very rarely take a beating, mainly narrow defeats against sides from above, apart from Aberdeen in the replay a few months ago after they drew at Pittodrie ... Only blotch is losing the goal, disappointing plus Shankland not notching but did what we had too fun both games so far

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's competitive games during pre season, that's been the case for three years now incase you hadn't noticed, and we have exactly what I hoped we would run Hearts and Stenny, a draw and win, 4 pts and look well placed to progress
    I'm not making any negative judgements. Will be interesting to hear what the guys who were there have
    to say. But I seem to recall Csaba got massacred for treating the LC as pre season.

No he got massacred because he was rubbish for months before then with many terrible defeats, continued it into the group stage and the beginning of league season

Anyone comparing that to how we have been under Neilson is as much a clown as Csaba (not saying you are as results and improvements in form and various other ways show we have improved a lot under Neilson)

Our fans just don't want stability, they simply won't let a manager have 2-3 years to properly progress the club... It's going to hold us back more than anything else will, Neilson hasn't even had 9 months and we have some people wanting him out, madness, we'll never get out of this unless we pull in the same direction and get behind the club and manager...it could become our downfall, I hope not.

Montrose 1-0 St Johnstone
    Wright out....

Cowdenbeath 0-2 Hearts
    Queens Park 1-2 Partick

You do get tight games away from home in the groups at times at this time of year

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Cos we keep playing the same negative football. As the saying goes....”The best form of defence is attack”, yet we persist with the same 1 up front formation, and tippy tappy pish across defence/midfield with no penetration or threat, and more often than not, our CB’s don’t have the skill/composure to play that way, and we bring trouble upon ourselves!

If Neilson doesn’t change his approach, and get us off to a flier in the league, the knives will be out for him very early into this season. He’s got no excuses, everything now fully under his control (players, tactics, etc.).
    Agreed

Now you are just being childish and silly duke as you are very very negative like stoke and jello (see I can just make things up too) but it's true they are no mugs when up for it in the opening home game trying to take a scalp at this stage of play on the plastic, as can be seen, mixed bag results wise tonight in the groups, if you look at there home results in the cups they very rarely take a beating, mainly narrow defeats against sides from above, apart from Aberdeen in the replay a few months ago after they drew at Pittodrie ... Only blotch is losing the goal, disappointing plus Shankland not notching but did what we had too fun both games so far
    You don’t half talk a lot of sh!te.
    Do you honestly think we should NOT be thumping teams like that in this competition, and sending a clear message to other teams, ahead of the coming season?
    When are you and the rest of the happy clappers gonna wale up and realise, that until we DO start taking an assertive and arrogant approach to games, then we will struggle to get out of this league?
    Too many times last season, our tentative play invited teams onto us, they scored the first goal (or more), and we couldn’t turn it around. We simply cannot do that again this season, but if people like you are content with it, then Robbie will “fill his boots”.
    I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt (which was severely tested in the play-off second leg), but that will not last long, if he doesn’t change his stubborn (and failing) approach to games, against, let’s be honest, much weaker opposition!
    I do believe there is a good manager in there, but he needs to take the shackles off, and be braver!

Edited to add:
    The United team I was very fortunate to be brought up watching, would’ve been heavily fined for that performance/result tonight!!
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 16-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Montrose 1-0 St Johnstone
    Wright out....

Cowdenbeath 0-2 Hearts
    Queens Park 1-2 Partick

You do get tight games away from home in the groups at times at this time of year
    I don't want Robbie out. I want him to get us playing football. Which he is not. Yet.

Shankland scored goals at Ayr because they were well drilled, well coached, every player knew what he had to do. They were good in possession and creative, and knew how to break down a defence for Shankland to score, all the things we're not. Yet.

Peterhead 0-0 Inverness another.

I don't believe the shackles are on, this holding midfielder stuff is nonsense, a myth, we play two cms, Butcher was in the box to score our second tonight, Stanton was in the box on Friday setting up our opener at Tynecastle

Like Levein did you start by being solid, he played 4-5-1 for a year before going tu 442, that's what RN has done then if possible you become more expansive as you go, how anyone can claim to know what our style is when we won't have decided on our best XI yet or haven't even played a home game never mind a league game I'll never know.. However if the solid less expansive way does the job then so be it

All I know is I'm happy with 4 pts from away games at Tynecastle and Ochilview, with our position in the group and happy we have two home games in next 7 days vs Cowdenbeath and East Fife as not been to a game since Paisley

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I don't want Robbie out. I want him to get us playing football. Which he is not. Yet.

Shankland scored goals at Ayr because they were well drilled, well coached, every player knew what he had to do. They were good in possession and creative, and knew how to break down a defence for Shankland to score, all the things we're not. Yet.

Well only time will tell, we don't know what we are yet as we have only played two group games away from home, I believe Shankland scored 6 in his last 18 for Ayr, he has 1 for us in 2 and keeper pulled off a great save to deny him tonight, not even played at Tannadice for us yet.... Patience required in our support, things were much worse a year ago in all ways, surely easier to be patient now than then.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Cos we keep playing the same negative football. As the saying goes....”The best form of defence is attack”, yet we persist with the same 1 up front formation, and tippy tappy pish across defence/midfield with no penetration or threat, and more often than not, our CB’s don’t have the skill/composure to play that way, and we bring trouble upon ourselves!

If Neilson doesn’t change his approach, and get us off to a flier in the league, the knives will be out for him very early into this season. He’s got no excuses, everything now fully under his control (players, tactics, etc.).
    This is exactly what I was on about the other day. This is what we're going to get this season. Close results but wins.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)