+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Stenhousemuir Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    But I think the thing folk are having a problem with is, having signed a proven goalscorer, we are still ponderous, tippy happy and not attacking enough to get the benefit...
    It's pretty early days though isn't it?

It is yes but so far it looks like a continuation of last season where the fare on show is pretty poor. We just don't seem to steamroller teams (brechin apart) like others are capable of doing every now and again.

It’s all about going out, pressing teams from the first whistle, and killing the game as quickly as possible to secure the three points.
    The longer games go on, where we have not gone in front, or only a goal to the good, gives other teams confidence, and last season many teams (expecting us to start like our erses were on fire) were surprised, then started pressing us, and our sh!tty defence flapped, and on too many occasions weaker teams got in front. Some then parked the bus, others went for our jugular! Several games into last season and many teams were pressing us straight from kick off, because they knew we were mentally and physically weak, and capitalised on that (e.g. Ayr at home).
    Do we really want to see that same sh!t this season? No, but I fear Robbie is just going to set out the same stall, just with different players, and “hope” things happen, rather than making them happen. He should be coaching them to get at the opposition straight from the kick-off with a high tempo, and take the pressure off our (weak) defence. It’s not rocket science FFS!
    You only win games by scoring goals, so why not get those goals as soon as possible in a game, to increase the chance of winning the game?
    Last edited by ballumbie_arab; 17-07-2019 at 09:30 PM.

I've seen us go out to win, but I also see that we are solid too, think we have conceded 6 in our last 11 competitive games, not more that one in any of those games, three of which were against Prem sides, two away from home... Scored 15 in those games, so yes we aren't free scoring but in a few of those matches we created a lot and missed a lot of chances

Why you don't think Neilson will want to improve this I don't know, however he is improving us overall we are no pushovers

If we get the job did with majority 1-0 or 2-1 wins then so be it as I don't see any other sides winning all the time while scoring lots of goals in the top two divisions

What I don't get is after two group games anyone thinks we are the finished article for the season ahead... What is the panic? If we don't improve at all from the second half of last season and were same level we will still be a force to be reckoned with and be right up there over the season... If we do improve on it which I think we can then we won't be easily bested over the 36 league matches

I dont go to football matches to read about the stats after its finished. I go to football matches to watch decent attacking teams trying to outplay and outscore each other.

Unfortunately, I dont see that often enuf when watching United..

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Faf lmao lololol
    Cove Rangers 0-0 Fun Deelacticos - full time

St Mirren currently 0-0 at home to Edinburgh City as well
    Its a massive statement of intent,firstly the fans sold out their allocation and then the team put the Highland League Champion's to the sword with Gowser scoring the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    You get the point I'm making though? I'm talking about what actually happened rather than what may have...
    You gonna hit me with your aunties baws again?

What happened last season? A poor group stage and the opening game was DUFC 2-3 Dunfermline. Seen as that actually happened and i dont see much difference now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You gonna hit me with your aunties baws again?

What happened last season? A poor group stage and the opening game was DUFC 2-3 Dunfermline. Seen as that actually happened and i dont see much difference now.....

Look at our line up for that Dunfermline game, look at the manager, it had nothing to do with the group stages

Dunfermline won all four group gsmes last season then after that opening game fell away big time, just as they will this season again despite this good start to the groups for them

If we ONLY just beat the sister/cousin/brother/marriage/children/6 finger brigrade in our next 2 home games will there be more fkn outrage on here?

Robbie ffs stop winning and play 9 up front will ya

......... Sorry I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    I dont go to football matches to read about the stats after its finished. I go to football matches to watch decent attacking teams trying to outplay and outscore each other.

Unfortunately, I dont see that often enuf when watching United..
    Totally agree with this. As a team we should nt be settling this season for playing the same boring rubbish where we end up holding out for the odd goal win!

This season should be about improving on last season. Seeing where out weaknesses were and addressing them.

We have a proven goal scorer who with a bit of service will score.

I do not expect or will accept shanks ending up ruined like McKay, McDonald, Clark who were all either played out of position or had no service.

This Pre season and season shld be about being better than last season and winning games by more than the odd goal.

🤞no more playing players out of position and more attack minded play with some fluidity please.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)