+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Stenhousemuir Predictions

I didn't find many of the games boring, especially towards the end of season, the irony is the best we played was at home to Queens with twenty plus chances who hadn't won for a few games and we battered the missing numerous easy chances and they got a lot of lucky breaks and lost, was great to watch that day yet we lost...

I'd rather win like we mostly do under Neilson, I'd rather we didn't lose much which we mostly don't under Neilson

You'd think with everything that's happened over the last few years all our fans would be easier to please. Alas, no.

Yes alot has changed for the better around the club and the owners and all involved must be applauded for it. However and probably the most important thing to the fans is watching the team not just win the majority of games but witness the good teamwork, cohesive football and a willingness to win with no fear..

Is it really too much to ask from a club aspiring to be in the top division.?

It's a reasonable ask but it's the weird disappointment after a win that gets me. I'll admit, I just don't get it to be honest. 🤔

A win is a win. Bt surely as fans /supporters it’s nt to much to ask the football we play/watch be attractive, fluid, cohesive. With the hope at the start of a game that we may score more than 1 goal or win by more than the odd goal.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's a reasonable ask but it's the weird disappointment after a win that gets me. I'll admit, I just don't get it to be honest. 🤔
    I think its more to do with peoples expectations of, what is after all, the highest funded team in the league by far. How many times last season did you come out the match thinking "That was brilliant, we totally killed them, men against boys, back on the road to promotion this time for defo" etc etc? I was at most games and probably thought that about 5 times. On the other hand, I must have thought "this is pretty frustrating stuff for the players we have on the park" or "why can't we kill totallyaverage teams off"? about a dozen times.

We absolutely have to get off to a flyer and get a right grip on this league immediately, then Kick on from there. I

Improvement needed on the end of last season? 10%

The draw at top 6 Hearts was flawed but a fantastic result, the win at 2nd division Stennie was ok, and therein lies the problem.

We go looking for ok results in our own league, and teams will be there to pick us off if our defenders present the chances Stennie had the other night. At the other end, being better organized will see our opponents disrupt and snub out our attacking threat, turning those wins into draws and defeats.

Look back at last season and tell me i am wrong? Dunfermline opener, Alloa home draw and away loss, 5-1 reversal at home to County.

We may have new owners, we may have a better coach and squad of players, but we seem to be playing the same way with a number of the same flaws! Stennies goal proved that!

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with 3 points at any time but on reflection of the game, may well be disappointed with the manner of the win and the disjointed, negative style of football being served up..

I think you are absolutely right, I just don't get it. My standards must be really low. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    I don't think anyone will be disappointed with 3 points at any time but on reflection of the game, may well be disappointed with the manner of the win and the disjointed, negative style of football being served up..
    Whilst agreeing that the league cup isn’t “pre-season” the early start means it is inevitable that players are still going to be getting up to full match fitness. Hearts was players first competitive game with more players getting their first start on Tuesday. RN os going to have balance bringing players up to speed with winning games and that means early games are not necessarily going to be the most fluent. But we are still winning the games. Lets see where we are when the league starts before making judgements.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)