+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Whyte v Rivas

OT Whyte v Rivas

I can't pretend to be an expert but I like to watch the 'big' fights and am looking forward to the above fight on Saturday night!

Whyte has been unlucky not to have had another title shot since losing to AJ and he has fought some decent fighters since then, managing to come through relatively unscathed....If he beats Rivas on Saturday then surely he's next in line for the human windmill!?

However, I've just a feeling Rivas will beat him, I think he'll be too good a boxer for Whyte. I do hope I'm wrong though!

I'm sure there must be one of the 4or 5 different ''world championship'' belts available to him if he wins.
    I love (or used to) boxing but politics and the ridiculous amount of so called champions at each weight makes it a bit of a farce.
    WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO etc.

It makes a mockery of the sport. How can you be ranked number 1 contender for so long and not get a shot at the title?

It took a while but i genuinely like Whyte, he goes about his business of boxing and trying to get to the top. Doesnt seem too interested in any glamour outside of it.

I can't see him losing but unfortunately now Joshua lost his belts and will have a rematch, and wilder fury scheduled for a rematch i cant see whyte getting a shot any time soon.