+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My take on Farsley tonight

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I don’t think anyone is disputing why it was called off but the fact is the pitch was not inspected beforehand by us, especially when we haven’t played there before.
    But if no one was in the country who can make that call then there's nowt that can be done. You'd automatically expect that a club playing at the level that they do would have a decent pitch 2 or 3 weeks before the season starts.

I don't remember a club calling off a game because usually the decision is made by the ref.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    But if no one was in the country who can make that call then there's nowt that can be done. You'd automatically expect that a club playing at the level that they do would have a decent pitch 2 or 3 weeks before the season starts.

I don't remember a club calling off a game because usually the decision is made by the ref.
    There were people here, club doesn’t run itself when we go on tour

Surely it's up to the home team to have a pitch that's fit for purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There were people here, club doesn’t run itself when we go on tour
    It wasn't up to RUFC to get the pitch up to a standard for playing on. It must be one of those automatic things that you expect a club who are in the 7th tier of football to have a pitch that is playable so it wasn't deemed necessary to do a inspection visit. I don't understand how our club can be held in any way responsible. Now if it happens again then you can yep! Someone should have gone and looked at it after what happened before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12