+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My take on Farsley tonight

My take on Farsley tonight

Actually Mr Warne what was needed to play on that pitch was Billy Big Shoes.

It’s a sensible decision, but fast forward a year or so and Farsley go bust, would the finger be pointed our way?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s a sensible decision, but fast forward a year or so and Farsley go bust, would the finger be pointed our way?
    Not really our fault tho is it. We could not have played on that surface and called ourselves a pro football team.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Not really our fault tho is it. We could not have played on that surface and called ourselves a pro football team.
    Definitely not, not seen pitch but on the reports by others it seems the right decision

Was earmarked for a Lamy comeback, so certainly not the surface for him and his rehab

Instead of 4-5-1 though, Warne could have tried out 9 iron shots out of the bunker

Fatigue and tiredness from the Germany trip and early hours flights can also lead to injury and illness.
    A blessing in disguise and part of this certainly was RUFC,s fault in my view.
    Crazy per season scheduling

Correct decision to cancel.
    Why run the risk of a player suffering ankle ligament damage on a pitch not fit for purpose. Grass needed cutting for starters.

Having read some reports from last night it sounds as though the grass may have been left purposely long to hide potholes / deep divots

Millions of pounds worth of athletes were expected to play on that by Farsley was bonkers! To leave the grass longer to cover it up could be looked on as deception.

Having the balls to call it off was a great move because I can't imaging what would have been thrown at the club if we'd had played and a couple of players had been injured.

I don’t think anyone is disputing why it was called off but the fact is the pitch was not inspected beforehand by us, especially when we haven’t played there before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast