+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Leeds United from financial ruin...

Apparently LUFC have doubled his Wonga.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Apparently LUFC have doubled his Wonga.
    The devious little monkeys, you have to have sympathy for our recruitment team, when other clubs are pulling stunts like that, what is a decent, honest, financially responsible, well run club like ours supposed to do ? Except get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The devious little monkeys, you have to have sympathy for our recruitment team, when other clubs are pulling stunts like that, what is a decent, honest, financially responsible, well run club like ours supposed to do ? Except get relegated.
    Just like we have for the last three seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    Just like we have for the last three seasons...
    No, you must be thinking of another club Garlick, we actually qualified to play in Europe season before last.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, you must be thinking of another club Garlick, we actually qualified to play in Europe season before last.
    I wonder why you would think.that the only thing a decent, honest, financially responsible, well run club like ours is supposed to do is to be relegated then?

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    I wonder why you would think.that the only thing a decent, honest, financially responsible, well run club like ours is supposed to do is to be relegated then?
    Simple really Garlick, we cannot compete on wages with most PL clubs, we accept that fact and attempt to improve our team with signings from Championship clubs, whose wages we can better. We've been fairly successful so far, Wood and Taylor from Leeds, Vydra from Derby, Gibson from Boro etc, but BT states that our latest attempt to sign a Leeds player has failed because they are prepared to pay him more than we are. If we cannot now compete with some Championship clubs on wages, then the task of signing players at that level becomes more difficult, the task of strengthening the team becomes more difficult, and preserving our status as a PL club inevitably becomes more difficult. Just a fact of life, any PL club that can't compete on wages with Championship clubs can expect to get relegated, even with managers as talented as ours, nothing contentious about that, it's just stating the bleeding obvious.

I've just got back from a lunch meeting at the Whites Hotel in Bolton. Word is from a couple of BWFC employees their club is almost gone and dusted.
    Furthermore, two colleagues who have both been Dirty Weeds supporters for fifty years and are Executive Box Holders at Elland Road claim Klitch still wants to come to Burnley and even though LUFC have doubled his wages he'd still be on less that our contract will reward him!
    I've rung the office and put Terrier Taxis back on standby!
    Attachment 13285

Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough.

So it is logical to assume that you want a change in the board room? If this be the case then shouldn't you be suggesting names?
    Which clubs board, with similar financial clout, would you prefer? By definition we are more successful than any club in a lower division so surely you wouldn't opt for one of these clubs?
    Which leaves the Prem clubs. Here is a list of the wealth of the clubs owners. You will see that, apart from Norwich, we are by far the club with the least wealthy owner.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs
    I really don't think that you would have much chance of head hunting any of those Sinkov.

So what is your alternative? It seems to me that the only realistic alternative is to attract a mega rich sugar daddy. And it COULD work.
    Do you really believe if we had interest from such a person then we would ignore it?
    I am sure that our board would do their due diligence and thoroughly check them out. The country is littered with clubs who have taken this option and now bitterly regret it. Leeds being one.

So we can only assume that this sugar daddy who would pass our due diligence test doesn't exist - yet.
    Let's face it, Burnley is a small town with very limited support to call on. It is not a global brand. The amount of money we can potentially generate is very limited by Prem standards. So why would a rich investor choose us?

So Sinkov I repeat, who would you suggest takes over from Mr Garlick?

We've been unable to compete with some Championship clubs on wages for a number of years now and proved that this doesn't make relegation a certainty.

What's the difference this time round?

"Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough."

Nope, a complete and utter misrepresentation of what I have said about the board. Have to get on with some grass cutting so now so I haven't had to time to read the rest of your post yet, but it's not started well.

Speak to you later mon ami.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)