+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Saving Leeds United from financial ruin...

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    We've been unable to compete with some Championship clubs on wages for a number of years now and proved that this doesn't make relegation a certainty.
    Is that so ? Which Championship clubs are running a bigger wage bill than us ? And anyway, no need to worry, according to BT Leeds still aren't paying him more than us and the taxi is fuelled up and ready to go.....again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough.

So it is logical to assume that you want a change in the board room? If this be the case then shouldn't you be suggesting names?
    Which clubs board, with similar financial clout, would you prefer? By definition we are more successful than any club in a lower division so surely you wouldn't opt for one of these clubs?
    Which leaves the Prem clubs. Here is a list of the wealth of the clubs owners. You will see that, apart from Norwich, we are by far the club with the least wealthy owner.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs
    I really don't think that you would have much chance of head hunting any of those Sinkov.

So what is your alternative? It seems to me that the only realistic alternative is to attract a mega rich sugar daddy. And it COULD work.
    Do you really believe if we had interest from such a person then we would ignore it?
    I am sure that our board would do their due diligence and thoroughly check them out. The country is littered with clubs who have taken this option and now bitterly regret it. Leeds being one.

So we can only assume that this sugar daddy who would pass our due diligence test doesn't exist - yet.
    Let's face it, Burnley is a small town with very limited support to call on. It is not a global brand. The amount of money we can potentially generate is very limited by Prem standards. So why would a rich investor choose us?

So Sinkov I repeat, who would you suggest takes over from Mr Garlick?
    Very good post 59/60.The only advantage Norwich have is Delia but that will only affect the Hospitality.The majority of sensible supporters would not want any changes at Board level,they have and are doing a great job.We would definitely like to sign Klitch to add to our midfield options and,presumably,most of the funds would come from the sale of Tom.The goalkeeping position definitely needs to be resolved before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Is that so ? Which Championship clubs are running a bigger wage bill than us ? And anyway, no need to worry, according to BT Leeds still aren't paying him more than us and the taxi is fuelled up and ready to go.....again.
    I'm not sure which clubs, although you seem to think Leeds are, but I seem to recall SD saying as much in recent seasons, albeit that was probably two or three years ago now.

And you're absolutely right about one thing, there is no need to worry.

I'm not sure which clubs, although you seem to think Leeds are, but I seem to recall SD saying as much in recent seasons, albeit that was probably two or three years ago now.

Going back to my luncheon at the Whites Hotel today. The football stadium looks sad, it's all locked up and vacant looking. Give me how Mike Garlick handles Burnley Football Club any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
    I would be happy to be a Yoyo club rather than a Dodo club.

So you don't know of any Championship clubs with a bigger wage bill than ours, probably because there aren't any. I didn't say Leeds are paying more than us now, it was BT who intimated that Leeds had doubled his wages and this was why he hadn't arrived as expected, not me. As I pointed out before, we have recently signed two players from Leeds. and one each from Boro and Derby, which would indicate we pay better than they do, and they will be amongst the top payers one level down.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Afternoon Sinkov! You are on record as basically saying that you think our board are sh1te and the only good person we have in decision making is Sean. That's fair enough.

So it is logical to assume that you want a change in the board room? If this be the case then shouldn't you be suggesting names?
    Which clubs board, with similar financial clout, would you prefer? By definition we are more successful than any club in a lower division so surely you wouldn't opt for one of these clubs?
    Which leaves the Prem clubs. Here is a list of the wealth of the clubs owners. You will see that, apart from Norwich, we are by far the club with the least wealthy owner.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs
    I really don't think that you would have much chance of head hunting any of those Sinkov.

So what is your alternative? It seems to me that the only realistic alternative is to attract a mega rich sugar daddy. And it COULD work.
    Do you really believe if we had interest from such a person then we would ignore it?
    I am sure that our board would do their due diligence and thoroughly check them out. The country is littered with clubs who have taken this option and now bitterly regret it. Leeds being one.

So we can only assume that this sugar daddy who would pass our due diligence test doesn't exist - yet.
    Let's face it, Burnley is a small town with very limited support to call on. It is not a global brand. The amount of money we can potentially generate is very limited by Prem standards. So why would a rich investor choose us?

So Sinkov I repeat, who would you suggest takes over from Mr Garlick?
    That's a lengthy post 59, all addressed to me but based on a false assumption. If you took care to read what I actually post you'd find my criticism of the board is based solely on their failure to back our manager. We've already been relegated once due to underfunding the team, which cost us around £45m in lost revenue, but yet some fans think they are financially astute. I think they are making a big mistake not investing in our outstanding manager, and treating money allocated to his wage bill and transfer budget as a serious risk, instead of as an investment in our future.

But that's all, basically I think they err on the side of caution when we have an outstanding manager. No other complaints about them.

Yoyo club or Dodo club sinkov? The image up at Middlebrook today was most disconcerting. To see a club who nine years ago were allegedly ten years in front of us going to the wall, makes me definitely want to err on the side of prudence.

No need to worry....I know we are supporters and support the team... but «no need to worry»!?? So where do see us finishing at the end of the season? Mid table? If we are to continue buying players for little money in the champoinship that we cant sell for a larger amout at a later stage, because they are at the end of their carier, how are we to make any money in the years to come so we will be able to keep up with how the top two levels develop. We’ll have to produce two McNeils a year. And what would you say about the age of our squad.... also not to worry?? I’m with Sinkov on this...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Yoyo club or Dodo club sinkov? The image up at Middlebrook today was most disconcerting. To see a club who nine years ago were allegedly ten years in front of us going to the wall, makes me definitely want to err on the side of prudence.
    There is Prudence, and there is cutting your cloth accordingly for the current period, both of the aforementioned are certainly Not helping our cause, you have to update with better and younger talent, not throwing everything at it, but at least having the positivity to remain in the Money Tree League, its called ambition, NOT grit your teeth and hope for the best time after time because eventually the luck will run out and the glory times will/could be a distant memory.

Glory times Altobelli? Getting hammered 6 or 7 times a season is not particularly glorious for me.

These were our glory days and until the £100 million transfers and the £1.5 million a month wages are consigned to history, we will just have to keep paddling along...

Attachment 13294

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)