+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could We as a Club ,Not help Bury out?..

Could We as a Club ,Not help Bury out?..

I Hate to see these teams/clubs going to the wall....Always had a soft spot for Bury.
    Could our Club not arranged a friendly ,..with a chance of a loan, ?

Just a thought,...And they need everyone and everything behind them,...We could play/ Turn up for Free??
    Maybe a walk over, Sponsored of course, to help ??
    You Fit ones feel free, to Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    I Hate to see these teams/clubs going to the wall....Always had a soft spot for Bury.
    Could our Club not arranged a friendly ,..with a chance of a loan, ?

Just a thought,...And they need everyone and everything behind them,...We could play/ Turn up for Free??
    Maybe a walk over, Sponsored of course, to help ??
    You Fit ones feel free, to Help!!!
    I went to Gigg Lane, one Boxing Day, we got leathered 4-2 with Paul Weller scoring two very late consolation goals. So, "No!"

I don't think we'd be averse to helping them out, if they asked. They wouldn't be the first we've helped out.

Think they only have 14 days left, to come up with the dosh

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Think they only have 14 days left, to come up with the dosh
    Both Bolton and Bury could be out of business within ten days.

Yet all I hear on here is, "Spend, spend, spend!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Both Bolton and Bury could be out of business within ten days.

Yet all I hear on here is, "Spend, spend, spend!"
    Show me one post where anyone has suggested we chuck money at it willy-nilly. Some posters suggest we could spend a bit more, every single one of them adds the caveat that they do not want the spending to be such that it would risk the financial stability of the club. You post enough tripe on politics BT, please don't start posting tripe on football as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Show me one post where anyone has suggested we chuck money at it willy-nilly. Some posters suggest we could spend a bit more, every single one of them adds the caveat that they do not want the spending to be such that it would risk the financial stability of the club. You post enough tripe on politics BT, please don't start posting tripe on football as well.
    I'm a tad busy at present to trawl through threads sinkov, but I do recall someone suggesting we should spunk £20 million on some Spaniard who didn't make it with Cardiff, "we have only spent the Vokes money on Jay Rod and Pieters", we should spend to guarantee our long term EPL survival. Spunk or spend, who cares? Spending your future guarantees nowt, ask Bolton.

I'm a tad busy at present to trawl through threads sinkov, but I do recall someone suggesting we should spunk £20 million on some Spaniard who didn't make it with Cardiff, "we have only spent the Vokes money on Jay Rod and Pieters", we should spend to guarantee our long term EPL survival. Spunk or spend, who cares? Spending your future guarantees nowt, ask Bolton.
    Exactly right BT and no one said anything about spunk or spend it all as I recall , occasionally BT you post stuff that’s enough to stop people having an opinion or even posting what they think on here.
    I noticed you said not to support Bury in their plight which surprised me a little as well.

Just so we’re straight on your view on the dry powder room and previous comments are you for or against spending some of our money ( in moderation of course ).

So someone once made a daft suggestion, ffs BT it's a msgboard, but if you like I'll change 'every single one' to the 'vast majority', is that better ?

"Spending your future guarantees nowt, ask Bolton", yes I agree, but on the other hand, underfunding the squad to the extent that you have to play 38 PL games with just two CMs guarantees relegation, ask Sean Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Exactly right BT and no one said anything about spunk or spend it all as I recall , occasionally BT you post stuff that’s enough to stop people having an opinion or even posting what they think on here.
    I noticed you said not to support Bury in their plight which surprised me a little as well.

Just so we’re straight on your view on the dry powder room and previous comments are you for or against spending some of our money ( in moderation of course ).
    I recall vividly in our Darkest Hour no-one had ordered the cavalry to bail us out. It's sink or swim out there, we are swimming with sharks. The weak go to the wall if they can't cut it. In my opinion, Burnley Football Club is the perfect paradigm for a small town club. FFS we are having to cull a goalkeeping department that presently holds THREE fully capped England goalkeepers.

I said recently Rigg knows we need another midfielder, SD knows we need another midfielder, even our own sinkov knows we need another midfielder, and the way we have handled our current spending means we can afford one without touching the sides. Seems like bloody good business to me!

Regarding your "occasionally BT you post stuff that’s enough to stop people having an opinion or even posting what they think on here". Do I sense you think I might become another Claret Phony? I bloody hope not!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)