+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Saving Leeds United from financial ruin...

Nowhere did I say that Pulis kept them.up and not the board. You've made your own conclusion, which you're welcome to do of course but, as I said, please don't say that I've said something when I clearly haven't.

It's also completely irrelevant to the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    Actually, army, can you please explain exactly what you mean by being "competitive in the league" ?
    Exactly that , I'm just asking for the club to back Dyche and give us a fair chance of surviving nothing else.

Personally I think Dyche deserves the backing from the club based on what he's
    achieved to th is point.

If your happy watching us defend for 80℅ of games and not have a shot in anger on goal then good luck to you , I can accept losing without an issue if were in the game and as I said try to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Exactly that , I'm just asking for the club to back Dyche and give us a fair chance of surviving nothing else.
    Thanks for answering.

So, given that your definition of competing is having a fair chance of surviving and given that we've survived the last three seasons and we're odds against to be relegated this season, can you explain what makes you think we can't compete in this league?

If your happy watching us defend for 80℅ of games and not have a shot in anger on goal then good luck to you , I can accept losing without an issue if were in the game and as I said try to be competitive.
    Defending is as much a part of the game as attacking and yes I do enjoy a good defensive performance.

The attacking side is nowhere near as bad as you're making out. We scored more goals than we have in any of our previous three PL seasons. In fact, in the second half of the season we were averaging 1.5 goals a game and only five PL clubs scored more goals than we did.

You didn't answer my other question - In the forty years you've been going on, when has it been better than it is now?

Nowhere did I say that Pulis kept them.up and not the board.
    Nowhere have I said that you did, please don't misrepresent what I actually did say like that, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nowhere have I said that you did, please don't misrepresent what I actually did say like that, thank you.
    I didn't say that you said that I said it (I can do this all day).

You said I intimated it, I did not.

Thanks for answering.

So, given that your definition of competing is having a fair chance of surviving and given that we've survived the last three seasons and we're odds against to be relegated this season, can you explain what makes you think we can't compete in this league?

Defending is as much a part of the game as attacking and yes I do enjoy a good defensive performance.

The attacking side is nowhere near as bad as you're making out. We scored more goals than we have in any of our previous three PL seasons. In fact, in the second half of the season we were averaging 1.5 goals a game and only five PL clubs scored more goals than we did.

You didn't answer my other question - In the forty years you've been going on, when has it been better than it is now?
    Garlick , firstly while I accept were in the 4th season in the premiership we sailed close to the wind two out of three and I know your next statement will be it's expected of little old Burnley to be like that. I

My real poi t initially was if we backed the manager it doesn't have to be like that, there are 3 leagues within 1 in the premiership and I would like us to be established in middle section not the bottom one.

I agree with you to a point on the defensive display , I too like to see it _ by the same token i like to see good attacking football as well , and I feel we aren't too many players away from a more solid structure and league position.

Of course spending money doesn't guarantee survival look at Fulham last year , however I think it Dyche had been in charge of Fulham they wouldn't have gone down ( my opinion we don't know )

In answer to you question for me personally the promotion season was a good year ,open expansive football but I'm of the mind that I want to watch the best footballers in the world in the premiership so the last few years are the best, hence my point 're signing a few players to give the manager a better chance of keeping us in this league.

So I guess competitive in this league is like you say what we are ( to a point ) , the luck will run out or Dyche will leave one day though, I think better to give him the tools now ( again within reason ) and let him build the club away from the bottom 6 and establish us in the middle 6 in our league.

All fair comments army.

I don't think we're that far apart, the difference being that I'm not sure we can ever really expect to sustain ourselves among that middle section of PL clubs (which is really just Leicester, Wolves and Everton at the moment - everyone else starts the season with avoiding relegation as their target) and I think our squad is definitely good enough to keep us up, which is the best we can realistically hope for.

i(I can do this all day).
    Yes I know, you can and you do.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)