+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will DS play this?

How will DS play this?

With all these new signings, it’s going to be interesting to see which team DS puts out this season. I would expect the shoe ins will be Wesley, Jack, SJM and Tyrone. The rest is anyone’s guess. I’m thinking....

Steer
    Guibert
    Mings
    One of the many other CBs
    Targett
    Hourihane
    El Ghazi
    Grealish
    McGinn
    Jota
    Wesley

Of course that could change especially if and when we land Luiz in which case Conor might lose his shirt. Steer would drop down if we bought either Heaton or Butland which would be harsh given his performances in the play offs. One I’m really hoping is going to emerge this season is O’Hare.

Tis a rare old conundrum that DS and his crew find in their laps mate.

With 5 CBs + U21s he may well have overcooked this department, unless, he’s planning to start with 3 CBs and Gilbert & Targett as wing-backs.

Possibly 4 in Midfield or a DCM and 3 others. These formations do go against what we’ve seen up to now, as we know he likes 2 wingers. But with wing-backs, does he need em?

That would leave his apparent preference of 1 up on his own.

So where does all this leave El Ghazi and Jota? If he plays 2 wingers, then why so many CBs? Unless DS doesn’t think that Chester and Mings can last a whole season.

What we do know is that DS and the powers that be are methodical and have a plan, so we await with bated breath.

Bloody fun tho, aint it?

Hause might be played at right Back? Chester might be sold?

The thing with Hause is that he is predominantly left-footed, as in no right foot. Can fill in at LB as he did last season. We may well sell Taylor and Hause could be back up LB. Not a RB.

Chessie? Whether I think he should be sold or not, I think DS will keep him for his experience. The only one of the five CBs with decent prem/full international experience.

Could one of the new CB fill in as a CDM?

Oh yeah sorry I get my left and right mixed up.

It'll be

Butland

Targett (lwb)
    Hause
    Mings
    Engels
    Gilbert (rwb)

Luiz
    Mcginn
    Grealish

Wesley
    Maupay

👌

What a good side on paper Sam. I reckon it's good enough to stay up. Lots of balance and we still have some continuity with Mcginn Grealish Mings

And Hause

It does make you think we will probably have 7 new players starting against Tottenham. 7 quality ones though.
    I forgot about Ghazi as well.

Might be better to ease them in

Butland
    Elmo Mings Hause Targett
    Luis
    Mcginn Grealish Ghazi
    Wesley Lukaku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)