+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I promised i wouldn't watch but. . .

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’m trying hard not to care that we were taken apart yesterday and will try hard to distance myself from games this season.
    It is harder not to go and not to support than go to support the shell of a club that we now are.
    We aren't a shell of a club though.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Getting rid of Ashley, for who?
    Have you ever wondered just what getting rid of Ashley means?

You support Newcastle United and are a fan of Newcastle United, generally for better or worse and for richer or poorer...in sickness and in health, till death do you part.
    It's called unconditional support and I see a lot of fans attaching conditions to their support, who likely haven't ever really done that, even though way worse times.

I think a lot of it is due to being carried along by a tide of hatred for one man and a dislike for anyone that dares to say anything good about him, coupled with a reliance on messiah's.

This is how I see it.

If some other potential owner doesn't ride in then you have Ashley as your club's owner. You absolutely do not need to even mention his name or think of him as the owner if you don't want to. You can merely support the club and be the fan of the club that you've always been.

It's pointless refusing to support the club because if everyone did that, you lose the club, not just Ashley.
    If you think any Tom, Dirk or Harry can simply jump in and give you your fix of what you seem to expect, then you're going to be cheesed off, In my opinion.

Wishing failure of a manager by wishing on the club to go down in a belief that it'll get rid of the owner, is naive in the extreme, as far as I can see.

Ashley would simply downgrade to even things up to keep the club viable, even in a lower league. He wouldn't lose out and could quite happily run this club in a lower league...even league two and still have a decent fan base and decent stadium of fans that would very quickly adapt.

Take a look at the other big clubs. Their fans stick by them and some of those big clubs have went down the entire leagues and then clawed their way back up, only to go down again, then fight to get back up.

So...if you think this is bad then take a bit of time on your own, without anyone to nudge you in any direction and try and imagine being a supporter and fan of all the other clubs that were around us or below us, all the way to the non league and in that pack, look at all the clubs that have so called potential.

Leeds is a classic. Look at the absolute mental turmoil that club's been in with owners galore and an owner under investigation, etc.
    Anyone that wants this club to fail to prove some kind of point or to rid it of an owner that actually has it running without begging, all because the owner is a tough nut who won't just bow down to fans or messiah's backed by fans, should...in my honest opinion, do themselves a favour and see that the people whose lives are being blighted are those that are thinking this and boycotting or spewing hate.

Some people saying they've never been or supported the club for 12 years is all well and good to say but, if Ashley ran the club for 20/30/40 or 50 years and the same applied, then the reality is, you might as well save yourself the turmoil of associating yourself with the club so you can have a better life without cutting off your own nose to spite your own face just so you can have your day with an owner who you rarely see.
    And yet each and every time there's a squad of players doing the business on the pitch, whether it's good bad or indifferent.
    As it stands, this club sits like another 19 as premier league competitors.
    You make some good points there, Wilf.

Ultimately we will all still be supporting Newcastle, and no matter how much we hate Ashley will be happy when we win.

But you've seriously got to stop trying to tell people to ignore everything, stop having ambition and to accept what the fat man is doing.

Not having cashley foes not = "doing a Leeds!"

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    You make some good points there, Wilf.

Ultimately we will all still be supporting Newcastle, and no matter how much we hate Ashley will be happy when we win.

But you've seriously got to stop trying to tell people to ignore everything, stop having ambition and to accept what the fat man is doing.

Not having cashley foes not = "doing a Leeds!"
    I'm not telling anyone to stop having ambition.
    We, as fans do not have ambition, we live on the ambition set by those who run the club or play for the club.
    We live on hope and expectation.

I'm not telling anyone to stop having ambition.
    We, as fans do not have ambition, we live on the ambition set by those who run the club or play for the club.
    We live on hope and expectation.
    Which most of us no longer have under Ashley...you've accepted it...we won't.

Which most of us no longer have under Ashley...you've accepted it...we won't.
    If you stay a Newcastle fan and supporter in any way shape or form, then you accept it. It's as simple as that.
    I accept any of it regardless of whether I like it or not.

If you stay a Newcastle fan and supporter in any way shape or form, then you accept it. It's as simple as that.
    I accept any of it regardless of whether I like it or not.
    Stop playing with words to try and win an argument.

I can't change anything...doesn't mean I accept it. I can do very small things such as no longer give money to the club or any other Ashley business, and I can vent on a message board.

I cant stop caring about my club and justify Ashleys actions like you do and there is the big f00king difference!

A shell is a stable structure,

Stop playing with words to try and win an argument.

I can't change anything...doesn't mean I accept it. I can do very small things such as no longer give money to the club or any other Ashley business, and I can vent on a message board.

I cant stop caring about my club and justify Ashleys actions like you do and there is the big f00king difference!
    You care about the club because you are a fan.
    You accept what happens at the club because you're a fan.
    You may not agree or like many of the things that happen but you are part of the club and being part of the club means you accept being part of the club as a fan and a supporter when you decide to once again, spend a penny that benefits the club.

The only difference between me and you is, I see Ashley's side in many aspects and in some I don't. I support the club unconditionally. I hold zero conditions on my ability to support the club, whether it's a penny or hundreds of pounds.
    You attach conditions and hate Ashley, regardless and want him gone, regardless, like a certain amount do. Unless I'm reading into it wrongly..and if so I'd be happy to be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    A shell is a stable structure,
    Yep but Newcastle United is not a shell. Far from it. It's alive. It's just not alive in a way that some fans expect or want it to be.

We have said that twice before, Hoping Ashley would go if we were relagated.
    He just lingers, Like a bad smell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)