+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Weve got another ex.

Weve got another ex.

Elliot Ward is on trial at United. Judging by his appearences hes decent, but probably too old. Am i right? There is no news of our takeover, as pointed out by another poster, whether we are impacting your takeover, or yours ours.

Which would you choose?, County or United.? Although United are a small club, unlike yourselves, the City is the booming city of Europe, a new ground is in the near future, and our future is very bright. Cambridgeshire has the largest number of millionaires in the country, new towns are springing up everywhere, automatically expanding our support. We are a blank sheet of paper.

There are more jobs than there are people to fill them. Having said that im sure you are favourites to get the best deal done, apparently there are more than one consortium.

Sir Roger Handyside Carruthers, i light cigars with 50 pound notes, and use paper money in the loo.

Elliot Ward... I almost forgot about him.

He's obviously got something about him, as he spend most of career playing at a higher level, but as you say, he's tipping over into the 'too old' category now. He's comfortable with the ball at his feet - a bit too comfortable if you ask me - and decent in the air (in both boxes), but he's slow as hell. He generally looked a bit too relaxed to me, but I prefer my defenders to be clattering into people and hoofing the ball into row Z.

Oh and I'd choose Notts, obviously.

He fully played his part in our march into the National League is all I can think to say about him.

Its not about you Slacky, its which consortium want to invest in. A ready made club like yourselves, or the potential of United. If i had money, and not a United fan, im not actually sure which one it would be. It would be more fun building a club than a ready made one. Its about the fun to be had, which is all the investors are after.

I know this after a board member left the United board a long time ago. If you think about it, being on a football board would be immense entertainment, as well as being awful in the depths of defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Its not about you Slacky, its which consortium want to invest in. A ready made club like yourselves, or the potential of United. If i had money, and not a United fan, im not actually sure which one it would be. It would be more fun building a club than a ready made one. Its about the fun to be had, which is all the investors are after.

I know this after a board member left the United board a long time ago. If you think about it, being on a football board would be immense entertainment, as well as being awful in the depths of defeat.
    Yeah I get that, and I'd choose Notts. Why? Because I think we have more potential to grow, and a restless but relatively large fan base that is ready to ****ing explode should we ever sort ourselves out. Nottingham is a proud footballing city, and I'd relish the job of restoring our grand old club to its former 'glories' (not that that would ever happen).

I just don't see Cambridge in the same way, but I am, of course, somewhat biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Elliot Ward is on trial at United. Judging by his appearences hes decent, but probably too old. Am i right? There is no news of our takeover, as pointed out by another poster, whether we are impacting your takeover, or yours ours.

Which would you choose?, County or United.? Although United are a small club, unlike yourselves, the City is the booming city of Europe, a new ground is in the near future, and our future is very bright. Cambridgeshire has the largest number of millionaires in the country, new towns are springing up everywhere, automatically expanding our support. We are a blank sheet of paper.

There are more jobs than there are people to fill them. Having said that im sure you are favourites to get the best deal done, apparently there are more than one consortium.

Sir Roger Handyside Carruthers, i light cigars with 50 pound notes, and use paper money in the loo.
    snap him up , he will be a great acquisition along with Dan Jones I believe it was you were also looking to acquire ....
    you have the making of a solid back four (or five) and will have no fear of relegation what so ever !!!xxx
    also whilst your at it , why don't you try and sign John Stead as well.
    A top centre forward , very articulate with the media and fans and you wont find a better penalty taker as centre forwards go.
    Fantastic in the air with the touch of a masseur on the ball , indeed a magician and will slot in age wise with your fellow pie additions..x
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 18-07-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    He fully played his part in our march into the National League is all I can think to say about him.
    😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛

I can hear what your saying Pedro. The truth is that we have signed players on how bad they are, not how good, for many years, and that we would sign those three players normally, in a second.
    Calderwood tried to solve our striking problems last year, but failed, so signing those three is on . The reason we are up for sale is that our chairman, if you can call him that, and the directors cant afford bubble gum, never mind anything else.

We scored once at home in three months last year, and we currently have two strikers, one injured. I am looking forward to signing some no hoper from Bishops Cleeve or Fisher Athletic.

As a note of interest, if you are interested, our chairman pays the bills to keep the club alive, and there are a lot to pay because the board are incompetent, and without sounding to mysterious...dodgy, wink wink.

Yet he pays, and has absolutely nothing to do with the running of the club. Or so he says. What do you make of that.? This club has been like that for over 25 years, piling misery on misery. We regularly nearly go bust, then the chairman steps in.

I think we are being ripped off. Does it sound like that to you?