+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bruce engineers a move to Newcastle

Just read that Derek, in Shearer's own words here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...old-bruce-job/

Like you, I think we will have a poor season under Bruce, probably going down by the end of the season. Bruce will stay on.

Even if we have a decent season, which is hard to imagine right now, there will still be no prospect of us moving forward as a club until Ashley decides to sell or radically changes his policy regarding investment in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    If he's such a big fan of his boyhood club, then he wouldn't have accepted a job offer from Ashley.
    Why?
    Because you and others don't like Ashley?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    Fully agree, apparently Bruce had spoken to Shearer (another local lad and boyhood club hero!) who told him not to take it because of the toxic shadow around the club but advice was ignored so he can only blame himself when it goes sour. I think we will adrift by xmas and Bruce could well be hanging on.
    We could well be adrift but equally we could easily be safe or we could be adrift playing bad football or adrift playing good football.
    We could be safe playing good football or bad football.
    I could go on and on and it's all speculative guesses.
    None of us know the outcome until the outcome is known.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Just read that Derek, in Shearer's own words here: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...old-bruce-job/

Like you, I think we will have a poor season under Bruce, probably going down by the end of the season. Bruce will stay on.

Even if we have a decent season, which is hard to imagine right now, there will still be no prospect of us moving forward as a club until Ashley decides to sell or radically changes his policy regarding investment in the club.
    What about all the other clubs that aren't moving forward?
    Should all their owners be hounded out?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    What about all the other clubs that aren't moving forward?
    Should all their owners be hounded out?
    Yes you thick cnt.

If an owner is not fulfilling a clubs potential, dissing the region and fans, taking money and assets lying.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post

If an owner is not fulfilling a clubs potential, dissing the region and fans, taking money and assets lying.

Yes
    Which owners are filling their club's potential and what exactly is this potential?
    Is it the Keegan era potential or is it the fairs cup of 69 potential?
    Is it the 50's potential?
    What is the potential?

What is Everton's potential?
    What about West Ham?
    Name me the potential of all the clubs in the premier league and tell me what they SHOULD be fulfilling?

I've heard the words " sleeping giant" ever since I was a kid.
    I think too many people still live off it.

It's about cornering the market in many aspects, at specific times.
    Years ago one man tried it and succeeded (Hall) but couldn't carry it on when the big hitters came in and brushed him aside.

Now we have Ashley who runs the club how he sees fit, which may not be the cup of tea of all but it's a cup of tea for me without it being a cup of nectar, which I would never expect but would always hope for a taste of when possible.

Every club in the premier has more to look forward to than us FFS. All clubs have added to their squads and even the promoted clubs are trying to compete. We all know (except you of course coz ya always on the fence) how this is going to pan out. God i hope it's not "i told you so" at the end of the season but we are going downwards fast under this bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek57 View Post
    Every club in the premier has more to look forward to than us FFS. All clubs have added to their squads and even the promoted clubs are trying to compete. We all know (except you of course coz ya always on the fence) how this is going to pan out. God i hope it's not "i told you so" at the end of the season but we are going downwards fast under this bunch.
    What gives you the impression we're going downwards, fast?
    12 years and we are a premier league club with slip ups that were rectified by immediate promotion by winning the championship.

What have other clubs go to look forward to anymore than we have?

Jesus Christ. Do you read back the ****e you write before you post?

"12 years and we are a premier league club with slip ups that were rectified by immediate promotion by winning the championship"

For the 19th richest club in the world is that acceptable to you because if it is it just sums you up perfectly!
    Go back onto RTG and tell ya mates how wrong we all are and how much your'e looking forward to Bruce,Ashley and the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Which owners are filling their club's potential and what exactly is this potential?
    Is it the Keegan era potential or is it the fairs cup of 69 potential?
    Is it the 50's potential?
    What is the potential?

What is Everton's potential?
    What about West Ham?
    Name me the potential of all the clubs in the premier league and tell me what they SHOULD be fulfilling?

I've heard the words " sleeping giant" ever since I was a kid.
    I think too many people still live off it.

It's about cornering the market in many aspects, at specific times.
    Years ago one man tried it and succeeded (Hall) but couldn't carry it on when the big hitters came in and brushed him aside.

Now we have Ashley who runs the club how he sees fit, which may not be the cup of tea of all but it's a cup of tea for me without it being a cup of nectar, which I would never expect but would always hope for a taste of when possible.
    We all know you are happy with mediocrity...stop preaching to those of us that want better!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)