+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Business Desk Latest Report

The Business Desk Latest Report

Looks like they are quoting from Alan Hardy and we are nearing a sale

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastm...administration

On this occasion I do believe AH. Not good that people haven’t been paid on time but I think they will get paid as he can’t possibly resurrect / run a business around these parts otherwise as no-one will enter into business with him.

Let’s hooe we can get this done and everyone move on soon!

I wonder who he could possibly be referring to:

Speaking to TheBusinessDesk.com, Hardy said: “I’m expecting the deal completed now in the next few days.

“The Notts staff will get paid, 100%. It’s a when, not an if. Likewise, the creditors equally deserve to get paid also, which is why I’m shocked that some Nottingham football journalists are quite happy to pull the plug on innocent creditors.“

Reading the last part of the whole statement it looks to me like he is trying to convince everyone that he is doing everything possible to keep everyone happy and paid and avoid administration so that when he is 'forced' into going into admin by circumstances out of his control people will think he tried his best......does he think we are all stupid?

No need to answer that question actually

Here:

Notts County owner Alan Hardy has told TheBusinessDesk.com that he expects the deal to sell the club to complete within “the next few days”, and has hit back at those who would have liked to have seen the Magpies placed into administration before now.

The news comes a week after Notts were given a third extension by the High Court to pay an outstanding HMRC bill after a winding up petition was brought against the club.

A Danish consortium has emerged as the frontrunner to buy the Meadow Lane club, which kicks off its National League fixtures in just over two weeks’ time.

Staff and players at Notts are still to be paid for June, with fans and supporters groups making collections to try and remedy this.

Speaking to TheBusinessDesk.com, Hardy said: “I’m expecting the deal completed now in the next few days.

“The Notts staff will get paid, 100%. It’s a when, not an if. Likewise, the creditors equally deserve to get paid also, which is why I’m shocked that some Nottingham football journalists are quite happy to pull the plug on innocent creditors.

“When a Football Club goes into administration it is not like a normal business administration as the only people who miss out are the trade creditors. In Notts County’s case they will miss out on over £1m – many of them small, local companies heavily reliant on getting paid for their survival.

“Football related creditors [clubs and agents] and HMRC would be paid in any event; they are protected debts.

“After the heartbreaking demise of Paragon, I will do absolutely everything I possibly can in my power to protect every single creditor and the local communities they live within. I’m in detailed conversations with them and other stakeholders like Nottingham City Council. Thankfully Ian Curryer [chief executive of Nottingham City Council] recognises how important Notts County Football Club is to the city.

“Administration of a Football Club should be the absolute final recourse when every other option has failed. It shouldn’t be seen as a quick fix to clean up the balance sheet and move on.

“It should be a very, very last resort.”

Notts begin their National League campaign away at Eastleigh on 3 August.

Just to point out, Hardy stated that even though he was selling, the club would continue to function and be supported financially. To run up £1m in debts in 6 months takes some doing surely therefore his statement of supporting the club was a total lie. He's a complete buffoon and I really hope the new owners call in the SFO to investigate him

In 7-10 days. In the coming days. In a few days. In due course.

Eventually, one of these has to be right, right?

I'm not going to criticise him any more or speculate on his whereabouts. Someone supposedly saw his car in Bilborough today. Maybe his solicitor works there. If I were a betting man I would say he is most likely to be on a golf course somewhere. But it's alright, he bought the clubs out of money from his other job selling ice cream, not from any of his collapsing companies.

For he's a jolly good fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    I'm not going to criticise him any more or speculate on his whereabouts. Someone supposedly saw his car in Bilborough today. Maybe his solicitor works there. If I were a betting man I would say he is most likely to be on a golf course somewhere. But it's alright, he bought the clubs out of money from his other job selling ice cream, not from any of his collapsing companies.

For he's a jolly good fellow.
    Paragon HQ was/is in Bilborough. Might be something to do with that?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Notts County owner Alan Hardy has told TheBusinessDesk.com that he expects the deal to sell the club to complete within “the next few days”, and has hit back at those who would have liked to have seen the Magpies placed into administration before now.

“When a Football Club goes into administration it is not like a normal business administration as the only people who miss out are the trade creditors. In Notts County’s case they will miss out on over £1m – many of them small, local companies heavily reliant on getting paid for their survival.

“Football related creditors [clubs and agents] and HMRC would be paid in any event; they are protected debts.
    £1m Trade Creditors!! WTF. No milk paid since Day1?? Unbelievable Jeff.

“After the heartbreaking demise of Paragon, I will do absolutely everything I possibly can in my power to protect every single creditor and the local communities they live within. I’m in detailed conversations with them and other stakeholders like Nottingham City Council. Thankfully Ian Curryer [chief executive of Nottingham City Council] recognises how important Notts County Football Club is to the city.

“Administration of a Football Club should be the absolute final recourse when every other option has failed. It shouldn’t be seen as a quick fix to clean up the balance sheet and move on.

“It should be a very, very last resort.”
    Yes yes yawn. We all know what the right thing to do is and it should have been done before this mess that anyone in the business side of the club should have seen coming a year ago. I wonder how much of that £1m is Paragon Interiors or other Hardy enterprises eg how much did the changing rooms cost to make into Premiership standard and is that on the books as debt!

I'd really love to be with an auditor going through the books.

I normally just read threads and rarely comment, but this has made my blood boil. He appears to be accepting no responsibility for the financial hardship that he has caused to everyone associated with the club and has the cheek to present Leigh Curtis as the guy we should be blaming.

He has made so many promises about the sale of the club that they count for nothing at this point and the vague promise that staff will be paid at some distant point in the future is a joke. You can't feed your family with vague promises that you might get paid in 3 months. It is bad enough that he has allowed his ego to ruin his companies, a great football club and countless lives in this area, but I will be damned if he even thinks that he can take the moral high ground.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast