+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The open

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And so we've gone from the amazing exciting superb fantastic never to be forgotten cricket World cup final, and the also amazing mens Wimbledon tennis final... to this have we, frikkin golf eh ?.

Give me a baseball bat anyday of the week.
    Arr preferably rarnd thi earrd !! Soft co ck

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Actually watching is acido's achilles heel Hodger .
    ittul bi a bugga forrim wen al teleshops switch em off , no telly ( Sachin ) xx

It were same wi Rory. Cameras on him most of his round when much better and more competitive golf was guin on elsewhere around the course, same wi Dustin Johnson and Tiger wtf? Cameras will probably show him in the departure lounge at the airport on Setdy morning

Not overly impressed with SKY coverage although as far as emphasising their point about employing more women to cover mens sport, laura Davies is a decent addition.

Enjoyable 1st day with the weather turning ugly at times, it made for good viewing.

Koepka showed some lovely touches around the greens, a couple of delightful chip and runs up to the holeside, also a couple of low trajectory tee shots when the wind and rain came showing he's got a few more strings to his bow, surprised me to be honest.

Shane Lowry played a brilliant outward 9 and battled hard to get home on the back nine to keep his score intact. Well done to him and towd Darren Clarke edda good day anorl smiling and enjoying himsen, likes a bacca dunt he

Laura Davis loves a bet.
    I worked in the bookies a few years back when the Open was at Lytham and she put plenty of money over the counter.
    Made me laugh when they asked if she'd got a bet on Rickie Fowler she just laughed.
    Then they asked her who her money was on and she was very sheepish.
    You could tell they knew she liked a bet.
    Talking about commentators, how good was McMillan on the cricket?
    Obviously desperate for New Zealand to win he still sounded as though he wanted England to win at the end.
    Compare that to the pathetic efforts on the Women's World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arr preferably rarnd thi earrd !! Soft co ck
    Go on then old man, I'll give you the first whack at me with the bat. Now you cant say fairer than that can you.
    Last edited by Acido; 21-07-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Actually watching is acido's achilles heel Hodger .
    Seriously Animal, its not a favourite past-time of mine (and I refuse to even call golf a 'sport' actually)!.
    And I only try to take the mick out of it when it comes around every 9 days a week.

Wow , what a round from Lowry and a four shot lead over Tommy Fleetwood .

That said this is far from over , Lowry had a four shot lead going in to the final round at the 2016 US Open and fell short .

We've all seen this before and we all know what happens when that pressure dial gets ramped up .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 20-07-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Amazing round today.
    None of us tipped him.
    I've backed him a few times in the past but he's never threatened in any of the majors that I can remember.
    Should have had a couple of quid e/w on him with him being a local lad.
    Having said that none of the other locals pulled up any trees.
    weather supposed to be bad tomorrow. should be interesting (for everyone but Acido).
    I see his netball girls lost today, and women's Ashes have gone up in smoke).

Love that LS Lowry. He looks like he's just rolled arta Corner Pin at 4pm and is heading for Greggs burriz played sum great shots. Will he evved the wild sh1tes last neet and bottle it today ? Looking forrad to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast