+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    If I had to hedge my bets id certainly not put them on an announcement today....or even by next Friday!

It does make you wonder, why wouldn't the prospective new owners put all our fears to bed by making an official statement on the progression of the takeover.

If they were serious then wouldn't they want people buying season tickets now in preparation for the new season and to start some cash flow coming in. All we have is some ramblings of an already debunked crackpot on twitter to go by.
    After today there are only two working weeks until the start of the season, and 8 working days from the next court hearing. The sand in the timer is running down.

The thing with season tickets is if the cash comes in now before the new prospective owners legally takeover would they be powerless as to what that money is then used for?

Hypothetically speaking if the takeover goes through before 31st July say on that day then the club will undoubtably need to be prepared for a few days of being inundated with the mass purchase of season tickets. Let’s hope they are prepared for this scenario in the ticket office and online.

Likewise there would likely be an influx of signings within those few days left before the start of the season.

Ultimately it really is a game of brinksmanship here and it’s been pushed to the wire.

Surely with the 31st July date being the last time a court hearing can be had before the start of the season will mean the conclusion of this long drawn out six month saga and uncertainty one way or another?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Absolutely ! So Maybe there aren’t any ?
    I think there are....or were....who knows....Danish buyers but as to the progress they are making or the true level of interest they have in buying the club all we have to go by are the words of the current owner, who can no longer be trusted.

If the buyers are serious I can't imagine them being impressed by Mr Hardy's continuous claims as to when the takeover will be concluded....and then watch those dates come and go. It will be concluded when, and if, the Danes want it to go through.....and that may well be if administration arrives.

My thoughts are that Hardy has lost the plot and is living in denial, Ive seen it before....and it looks very similar to this. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I think there are....or were....who knows....Danish buyers but as to the progress they are making or the true level of interest they have in buying the club all we have to go by are the words of the current owner, who can no longer be trusted.

If the buyers are serious I can't imagine them being impressed by Mr Hardy's continuous claims as to when the takeover will be concluded....and then watch those dates come and go. It will be concluded when, and if, the Danes want it to go through.....and that may well be if administration arrives.

My thoughts are that Hardy has lost the plot and is living in denial, Ive seen it before....and it looks very similar to this. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
    Sounds about right to me. I don't actually think Hardy is intentionally misleading us, I just think he has lost touch with reality. To him, he isn't lying, as he expects what he says to happen, just as he did when he said Nolan would be the next England manager, or we'd get promoted last season.

He lives in a fantasy world, and no amount of reality seems to snap him out of it. Unfortunately for us, the future of our club is pretty much in his shaky hands.

The situation looks hopeless. The only grounds for a shaft of sunlight seems to be that the National League is carrying on in full expectation of Notts being in place and fulfilling their fixtures. Surely ??? they have taken soundings to ensure that things are in place, otherwise the entire edifice of fixtures and league membership (it needs to be 24 so how would they replace Notts at this late stage?).
    Or is it just possible that the execs of the NL are so naive that they are making the blind assumption that God's in His heaven and all is well with the world?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The situation looks hopeless. The only grounds for a shaft of sunlight seems to be that the National League is carrying on in full expectation of Notts being in place and fulfilling their fixtures. Surely ??? they have taken soundings to ensure that things are in place, otherwise the entire edifice of fixtures and league membership (it needs to be 24 so how would they replace Notts at this late stage?).
    Or is it just possible that the execs of the NL are so naive that they are making the blind assumption that God's in His heaven and all is well with the world?
    Its not that complicated teams would just play two less games, one less team would be relegated, there wouldn't be any replacement promoted teams drafted in at this stage.

You may be right, Bridpie. In which case, there's not even a shaft of sunlight, just a shafting.

You may be right, Bridpie. In which case, there's not even a shaft of sunlight, just a shafting.
    There is a precedent,sort of, Chester started a season on -25 points and were expelled from the league just after new year 2010,their results were expunged meaning all teams only played 44 games instead of 46 it was messy and caused all kinds of problems for teams that had already beaten them dropping points it also affected the top goalscorers chart, if we were expelled before kicking a ball it should be pretty straight forward for everyone to just miss a week when our fixture comes around.

Now is the time for Little Dick to place the Stradivarius back in its case and come clean with all and Sundry.

Even that at this late stage maybe a Bridge to far as the man once said..
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 19-07-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Now is the time for Little Dick to place the Stradivarius back in its case and come clean with all and Sundry.

Even that at this late stage maybe a Bridge to far as the man once said..
    I predict excuse after excuse after excuse for two more weeks then he'll announce the takeover fell through and it was out of his control just before we go to court in an attempt to make it look like he did everything possible to save the club and be the hero he really is deluded and thinks everyone else is thick.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    There is a precedent,sort of, Chester started a season on -25 points and were expelled from the league just after new year 2010,their results were expunged meaning all teams only played 44 games instead of 46 it was messy and caused all kinds of problems for teams that had already beaten them dropping points it also affected the top goalscorers chart, if we were expelled before kicking a ball it should be pretty straight forward for everyone to just miss a week when our fixture comes around.
    I think Sid's theory is closer to the mark.

The National League's imperative these days is that any club joining them MUST be able to demonstrate that they will be able to fulfill all their fixtures i.e. not fold during the season. The implications of a club folding are in the first place financial to the whole competition and then the chaotic effect on the relegation and promotion issues.

So I am hoping that Sid is right and the National League have already sounded us out and know a lot more about what is happening behind the scenes at NCFC than us long-suffering fans...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast