+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post

So I am hoping that Sid is right and the National League have already sounded us out and know a lot more about what is happening behind the scenes at NCFC than us long-suffering fans...
    This seems to be most logical scenario. For some reason or other either Alan Hardy or the purchasers don't want the latest developments made public and the NL would seem to follow their requests. It must be something serious that none of us posters have thought of as the silence is doing nothing to impress us, indeed, AH's continuous repitition of 7-10 days is almost mocking us.

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    I think Sid's theory is closer to the mark.

The National League's imperative these days is that any club joining them MUST be able to demonstrate that they will be able to fulfill all their fixtures i.e. not fold during the season. The implications of a club folding are in the first place financial to the whole competition and then the chaotic effect on the relegation and promotion issues.

So I am hoping that Sid is right and the National League have already sounded us out and know a lot more about what is happening behind the scenes at NCFC than us long-suffering fans...
    What does "be able to demonstrate they will be able to fulfill fixtures" mean though. If was based on guaranteed financial security we would have been dismissed immediately. The NL as with everyone else is relying on the bull***t and boll***s being served up by Hardy having some element of truth (which on recent promises and behaviour is unlikely). That and the fact Notts would be a notable member club who may drive up attendances.

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    What does "be able to demonstrate they will be able to fulfill fixtures" mean though. If was based on guaranteed financial security we would have been dismissed immediately. The NL as with everyone else is relying on the bull***t and boll***s being served up by Hardy having some element of truth (which on recent promises and behaviour is unlikely). That and the fact Notts would be a notable member club who may drive up attendances.
    Or maybe the Danes have already given the league proof of funds? For me the only positive news of the last couple of weeks, apart from the squad continuing to train, play and field trialists, has been the news about Ilkeston being allowed to play in the FA Cup. That suggests the FA are confident that Notts will soon be under new ownership.

Its no real surprise if a takeover takes time. The problem is Hardy's PR "expertise" of constantly making promises which are unfulfilled. When (and I hope its when not "if") a takeover finally goes through, I'd expect the new owners to be the ones to announce it. They would want to get maximum publicity out of it "new era, exciting plans" etc.

There must be something in the offing for the barrister to ask the High Court for more time last week? Presumably someone in that position must provide some evidence that the request will have some benefit?

I presume as well that barristers can’t just stand up in court and ask for more time based on what Alan Hardy’s telling them?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    There must be something in the offing for the barrister to ask the High Court for more time last week? Presumably someone in that position must provide some evidence that the request will have some benefit?

I presume as well that barristers can’t just stand up in court and ask for more time based on what Alan Hardy’s telling them?
    Agreed. Although the barrister will have taken instructions from Notts, so presumably Hardy, you would expect that they had some hard evidence, not just wishful thinking. e.g. a draft contract, or something.

No-one wants to see the Club liquidated, including HMRC, as they will get nothing or next to nothing if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

You would have thought that, wouldn't you? Asking for a third postponement with just the word of the man saying 7-10 days yet again and showing no evidence is pushing your luck a bit, so-oo he must have shown evidence. Now what sort of evidence needs to be kept quiet or hidden from the public eye?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    My sauces this morning (HP and Tomato) have confirmed our bacon has been saved and I managed not to get egg on my face.
    Did you manage a chipolata?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I think there are....or were....who knows....Danish buyers but as to the progress they are making or the true level of interest they have in buying the club all we have to go by are the words of the current owner, who can no longer be trusted.

If the buyers are serious I can't imagine them being impressed by Mr Hardy's continuous claims as to when the takeover will be concluded....and then watch those dates come and go. It will be concluded when, and if, the Danes want it to go through.....and that may well be if administration arrives.

My thoughts are that Hardy has lost the plot and is living in denial, Ive seen it before....and it looks very similar to this. I genuinely hope I'm wrong.
    Can no longer be trusted? When DID you trust him? And, no you are right.......

I get the feeling we're going to hear nothing today. What the **** is going on? Why can't we at least get an update from someone credible about what stage of the process we're at? It's unbelievable that this has been going on for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Can no longer be trusted? When DID you trust him? And, no you are right.......
    Hindsight is wonderful of course, but the first warning sign for me was that strange 'look at me' interview straight after the Swindon game, but I just put that down to his ego more than being untrustworthy.

I did have trust in the situation being resolved long before now, but that has waned over the last month or so to a point where I don't expect anything to be finalised before the next court date.

It is hard to pinpoint an exact time that my trust in him failed, but not paying the staff and the lack of communication from him since that point has been particularly galling.

There are hopeful signs, as alluded to in posts in this thread, but something just isn't sitting right with me, I feel we will go to the next court date, the Danes will disappear and Norman Smurthwaite will take over......and the same old cycle will start all over again.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast