+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Takeover imminent!

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Hiya Slack.

Smurthwaite is sniffing round Notts for the chance to be in poll position should we descend to tier 6 and the lease to the ground becomes available at the council's discretion. He couldn't give a flying fcuk about NCFC, or football, BUT that lease is pure gold to him and all the shysters like him.

Oh and a big P.S. that lease is far from secure in NCFC's hands should 'the unthinkable' happen and we descend to tier 6 - despite what any councillors may say to the contrary...
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was going to say it seems a bit of a gamble to acquire a football club on the off chance it gets relegated again, but then admin means a points deduction, and a points deduction almost certainly means relegation, especially considering we'll be going onto an 8-game opening month with one centre back.

On that point, it seems to me that we've probably passed the point where we can adequately prepare for next season now. There are two weeks left until kick off, and we simply don't have enough players to get through the tough fixture list. Even if the takeover goes ahead next week (which it probably won't), it'll still take time to bring players in and agree terms, particularly if our main targets go elsewhere.

This is 100% Hardy's fault. He's let the whole thing drift long enough so that it'll impact the coming season as well, just in case he hadn't screwed us over enough. By all accounts, O'Brien is keen to stick around. Here's a player who is enthusiastic, confident, and pretty damn talented for the NL. If the deal isn't done soon, he'll be forced to get another club. It's just so ****ing frustrating.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 20-07-2019 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was going to say it seems a bit of a gamble to acquire a football club on the off chance it gets relegated again, but then admin means a points deduction, and a points deduction almost certainly means relegation, especially considering we'll be going onto an 8-game opening month with one centre back.

On that point, it seems to me that we've probably passed the point where we can adequately prepare for next season now. There are two weeks left until kick off, and we simply don't have enough players to get through the tough fixture list. Even if the takeover goes ahead next week (which it probably won't), it'll still take time to bring players in and agree terms, particularly if our main targets go elsewhere.

This is 100% Hardy's fault. He's let the whole thing drift long enough so that it'll impact the coming season as well, just in case he hadn't screwed us over enough. By all accounts, O'Brien is keen to stick around. Here's a player who is enthusiastic, confident, and pretty damn talented for the NL. If the deal isn't done soon, he'll be forced to get another club. It's just so ****ing frustrating.
    I suspect their will be a lot of frustration at ML today. I hope not. I hope people remember that this is not the players fault, it’s not the manager or his staffs fault. Regardless of the performance or score this has to be a game that fans unite behind the ‘squad’. If it’s toxic, people could walk. By people I mean the manager, players in trial. We are already up **** creek. Let’s not make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I suspect their will be a lot of frustration at ML today. I hope not. I hope people remember that this is not the players fault, it’s not the manager or his staffs fault. Regardless of the performance or score this has to be a game that fans unite behind the ‘squad’. If it’s toxic, people could walk. By people I mean the manager, players in trial. We are already up **** creek. Let’s not make things worse.
    Not the players or the managers fault?? really i think they take some of the blame

I'm torn on this part of me would like to see hardy suffer and no one turn up to dig him out of this wage crisis,the other part wants to see the loyal staff sorted.

Today would have been a much better day for a fan protest, maybe turn up donate money for staff but just stand outside the ground and not go through the turnstiles, put pressure on hardy to tell the fans what is going on.

His valuation of the club would l assume take into account a certain number of season tickets,merchandise sales and matchday income based on recent seasons totals, by boycotting the match and showing some fan power we would let him know that without the fans the club is worth f**k all and keeping us in the dark is pi**ing us off.

IF we are close to a takeover, then I would expect the potential new owners to be at the game

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    IF we are close to a takeover, then I would expect the potential new owners to be at the game
    Agreed.

If there is no obvious signs at this game that in my opinion is very very bad news indeed. Look at Yeovil for example the take over is not complete and yes their situation is a little different but they have transparency and disclosure to their fans. We have stuff all.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Thats them definitely in Denmark for the weekend then

There is nothing like a Dane. I bet they will evaporate as predicted here. I try and be positive but I think now have to come to the chokingly sad prospect of no more football at The Lane. I feel, as we all do, desperately sorry for the staff and remaining players, for all of us. There really is no knight in shining armour and I hope above all that that bloody golf club becomes a housing estate.
    I am desperately upset and angry at what Hardy has done. He can go to hell for all I care.

Chin up, the Roosters won today

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Chin up, the Roosters won today
    Hardy Get Out of Our Club asap.😡

Yes the Danes will drift off into folklore, only to be replaced by another fictitious rumour.
    I'll start the guessing.
    A family of Icelandic sunflower oil magnates. Been closet Notts fans for years. Contract completion imminent.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast