+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi to Baggies?

With Ajayi in the side we win this league,without him we may well flounder. His worth to us should be measured by the fact i believe that in season 2020-2021 Championship clubs will each receive £10 million TV money. We certainly wont get £10 million for Ajayi so its a no-brainer to hang on to our prize asset and achieve promotion. He is irreplaceable in this league. Agree he is worth at least twice what we received for Vaulks but has our chairman the resolve to keep him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    With Ajayi in the side we win this league,without him we may well flounder. His worth to us should be measured by the fact i believe that in season 2020-2021 Championship clubs will each receive £10 million TV money. We certainly wont get £10 million for Ajayi so its a no-brainer to hang on to our prize asset and achieve promotion. He is irreplaceable in this league. Agree he is worth at least twice what we received for Vaulks but has our chairman the resolve to keep him ?
    That does make economic sense Timber.Warney has stated that he would not like to see Semi go unless a really massive bid came through and that has got to be at least double the Vaulks transfer.

I think a more realistic outlook is with Ajayi we challenge in the top six. Without him, who knows? Yes he's a massively important player for us and one we'd sorely miss. I just think with relegation last season and the fact he's into the final year of his contract, the club has lost a lot of bargaining power. Fair play to them for holding strong but whatever he goes for will be well below his true value and assuming he goes to a big championship club, his value will instantly rocket towards the £10m mark. Middlesbrough have just sold one of their very average defenders for £6m, they probably won't miss him.
    The size of a club goes a long way in determining the value of its players. We don't really have that on our side.

Tell you what...nobody wants a Baggie semi.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The problem is that we have two clubs who have only made derisory offers.
    What we would would like to receive and what other clubs are prepared to pay are miles apart at the moment
    Correct, that would be both Barnsley and Weds who offered a pathetic £500,000. Barnsley did come back with a £1,000,000 bid but were told to go away again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Correct, that would be both Barnsley and Weds who offered a pathetic £500,000. Barnsley did come back with a £1,000,000 bid but were told to go away again!
    Not quite correct, one offer has come in that’s not a million miles away with add ons, plus there is a third team that’s joined the race for his signature.

Apparently Baggies fans are suggesting we take Jonathan Leko on loan as part of the deal for Semi, he's a tricky winger who came through their youth academy.

Their supporters are suggesting its a done deal.

Well if the bids are getting more realistic, we get a player on loan and there's other teams interested that's a much healthier situation for RUFC.

My sources say that we,re holding out for £2.5m
    I think that's reasonable and if it's any more or there's add ons and a sell on clause then that's a good deal imo.

Semi is not perfect, still makes mistakes occasionally and isn't the finished article. We can't expect £4/5/6m

Why not? It’s potential clubs buy then model them into better players

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Well if the bids are getting more realistic, we get a player on loan and there's other teams interested that's a much healthier situation for RUFC.

My sources say that we,re holding out for £2.5m
    I think that's reasonable and if it's any more or there's add ons and a sell on clause then that's a good deal imo.

Semi is not perfect, still makes mistakes occasionally and isn't the finished article. We can't expect £4/5/6m
    FB your source is not far of the mark there, plus a very healthy sell on clause. There will be a bit of a bidding war now there is a third team (6m extra to spend now) in the running. Any loan deal that would be part of the deal would have to be a free loan without us paying any wages.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast