+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Semi to Baggies?

If the 1.3 million is correct, then for me that would be our undersale of all time, he was still contracted for another year, and our chances of certainly automatic promotion, were way better with Ajayi in our team. Yes we would have lost him for nothing in the end, but instead it seems we have decided to give him away, unless the sum quoted is wrong, I will be very interested to hear what the true story is today, but at the moment I'm feeling gutted that it appears we have given our most prized assett away for what I see as peanuts.

Ronners. I think you're spot on. If that's all we are getting for him we should keep him. Better chances of promotion with him than without.

Don't agree.

Seems cheap, but effectively we would be spending an extra, say 900k till January, or 1.3m for the season and still paying his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Don't agree.

Seems cheap, but effectively we would be spending an extra, say 900k till January, or 1.3m for the season and still paying his wages.
    This man almost single handedly,at times, very nearly kept us in the championship, if the 1.3 million is correct and the club are happy then I am maybe thinking we aren't as well of as a club as we are being told.
    Someone has said that the season after this, the championship money goes up to 10 million for each club and Ajayi staying, as opposed to giving him away gives us a way better chance of achieving promotion, I'm not saying don't sell him, I'm saying don't give him away for peanuts when he could still do a job for us.

It’s a real dilemma. We could hold onto him and give ourselves the best chance but that may not succeed Sell him now with a guaranteed amount of money some of which can be reinvested in decent playing staff improving our chances of going back up Clubs know he has just 12 months left and so will bid accordingly whilst I agree he is worth more than 1.3 million with a longer contract with 12 months left this is probably close to the top end of what we are likely to get We may well have tried to offer him a longer contract but his agent may have been asking for wages beyond our means I am sure the club will do all they can to do the best for the club

Frustrating sometimes being a Miller, I know

Still can't see anyone carrying the story other than the Mail

I only really have a small comment to make on the value of Semi, If we take into account that Luton got £4 million for Jack Stacey, a defender, who only played in Div 1 last season.

I have to say based on these figures Semi has to be worth a lot more than the figures being batted out in the media, I think the Daily Mail post is a load of ballcocks.

Lets be patient and wait and see what we get, its odds on he's on his way its been that way since relegation we all knew that.

I'm sure when TS takes his big lump out he will leave a little to replace him (maybe enough to tempt Blackpool).

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    It’s a real dilemma. We could hold onto him and give ourselves the best chance but that may not succeed Sell him now with a guaranteed amount of money some of which can be reinvested in decent playing staff improving our chances of going back up Clubs know he has just 12 months left and so will bid accordingly whilst I agree he is worth more than 1.3 million with a longer contract with 12 months left this is probably close to the top end of what we are likely to get We may well have tried to offer him a longer contract but his agent may have been asking for wages beyond our means I am sure the club will do all they can to do the best for the club

Frustrating sometimes being a Miller, I know
    Why would 1.3 million be close to the top end of what we could get, because as far as I was aware, Will Vaulks had exactly the same amount left on his contract, but went for nearly twice the amount Ajayi has reportedly gone for, and in my eyes Ajayi is a better player, if the amount is true it's a s**t deal for our club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Still can't see anyone carrying the story other than the Mail
    To be fair, I spotted the Daily Mail article on the News Now website yesterday afternoon and referenced it on here with a question mark because I don't believe its true.

They've probably got the figures the wrong way around!!

As posted previously, there have been recent examples of players (defenders) who only played in the first division last season (with no Championship experience) going for 2, 3 & 4m this summer.

I think we should get something similar to the Vaulks deal at the very least but it'll probably show as "undisclosed" as usual.

Ajayi needs to go before the season starts. If he is still with us at the January transfer window his price will tumble because other clubs will know we will want to avoid him leaving for nothing at the end of the season.

Half a loaf......etc

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast