+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi to Baggies?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    If Vaulks is worth £3 million, Semi has to be worth £5 million.

Semi actually has talent unlike Vaulks who just has effort.
    Totally agree Ajayi is worth more than Vaulk's and starting price should be at least 3 million.

If he'd had made the Nigeria squad he'd have been worth more!

It's great to see us having players wanted by higher/bigger clubs and still not being too worried about who's going to replace them.

It'll be like taking your hand out of a bucket of water when he's sold. It'll ripple for a but but quickly calm down whereas in the past half the bloody water would have gone with it and not be refilled by owt like we've been buying!

I hate this positivity!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Totally agree Ajayi is worth more than Vaulk's and starting price should be at least 3 million.
    Agree strongly with that 3 million and not a penny less, a good deal would be 5 million, anybody banding 600k about, are you trying to sell us down the river ? Semi is the absolute crown in our jewel !

If no other club has offered anywhere near our valuation then I can't see him leaving soon.

I understand that RUFC are Holding firm and won't accept anything less than the figure they have in mind which is similar to the Vaulks fee.

Maybe he will stay for this season and his contract will run down

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    If no other club has offered anywhere near our valuation then I can't see him leaving soon.

I understand that RUFC are Holding firm and won't accept anything less than the figure they have in mind which is similar to the Vaulks fee.

Maybe he will stay for this season and his contract will run down
    I get the feeling that he personally would wan't The Millers to profit financially from him.

Both Barnsley and Portsmouth have sold third division defenders for 2 and 3 million respectively.We have a player who was voted player of the month in the Championship,who scores goals,is quick,tall and never gets injurred.The club must NOT undersell this priceless asset.

the issue will be replacing him, Warne says it will be like losing 2 or 3 players, so being our squad is at least 3 players light at the moment that means bringing in another 5 to 6 players before transfer deadline day

The price of players in today's market is stupid and IMHO Semi is worth £5,000,000 minimum and I would not let him go for any less.

The problem is that we have two clubs who have only made derisory offers.
    What we would would like to receive and what other clubs are prepared to pay are miles apart at the moment

He's developed a great deal in his relatively short time with us - think he will continue to improve and become a very good player - seems injury free, versatile and is a goal threat too - we'd be crazy to let him go cheaply. The dilemma is do we just run his contract down if he doesn't want to renew it - unless, of course, we manage to return to the Champ at the first attempt - or do we sell whilst we can - tricky one, but back the club in standing firm and sending out a message that we no longer want to be the whipping boys of the transfer market

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast