+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taylor and Mbulu

No triallists on show today. Does that mean sense has prevailed and they have been released? As a matter of interest when did we last sign a triallist? Seems a pointless exercise to me.

Nicky Hunt this time last year would be the most recent. To counterbalance that, Pavol Suhaj anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Taylor I believe has been offered a deal. He is not very impressed with it apparently.
    Find it hard to believe he didn't know the sort of deal we might offer when he agreed to come on trial.

At the same time Artell on OS is suggesting there may be movement on the Miller front.
    So has Taylor moved on are there still negotiations?
    What of the Bristol Kids?

Bristol kids gone. No better than our own kids.

Well both started at Whitchurch tonight, watched by DA, and Taylor scored, so still in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Well both started at Whitchurch tonight, watched by DA, and Taylor scored, so still in the picture.
    From the highlights I've seen so far Taylor has good ability and a cracking finish on him. Can play either flank or through the middle. I hope we sign him, I can't see us getting in someone of similar ability without the skeletons in the closet without really splashing the cash. Artell won't take any crap anyway. I think that would complete our forward options nicely. Heard a few saying Taylor is too similar to Sean Miller but I think he offers more ability and versatility. I don't think he's been offered a deal yet as it sounds like Miller would need to leave to free up wages and that could be imminent. Macc have been mooted as a possible option.

From what DA says about decision time, looks like no deal offered yet to Taylor so nothing in the story he didn't like the offer - will decide on both tomorrow. I'd still sign Taylor asap and Mbulu only if they feel nothing better's out there unsigned. Interesting that Taylor played wide not in the front two at Whitchurch, according to the O/S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12