+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep your mouth shut lads and lasses

Keep your mouth shut lads and lasses

Stevenage fined for ***ist chanting from fans

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49015634

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Stevenage fined for ***ist chanting from fans

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49015634

Male “assistant referees” are regularly chanted at and abused by the fans both home and away.

So why not tackle that?

Oh she’s female and Stevenage are one of those lower league teams that the FA and EFL like to come down heavily on.

An example needs to be made.

Serves them right. If they can’t send stewards into the crowd to apprehend those who are actively seen to be chanting the vulgarity then they deserve the fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Male “assistant referees” are regularly chanted at and abused by the fans both home and away.

So why not tackle that?

Oh she’s female and Stevenage are one of those lower league teams that the FA and EFL like to come down heavily on.

An example needs to be made.

They aren't subject to chanting about their body parts are they?

How would you feel if that was your daughter? If you were there with your family watching her?

Grist has a point , if you look in the rules no matter what gender you are using abusive or insulting words is unacceptable.

Double standards again.

How come we’ve never been done when certain idiots have chanted at the Posh woman? Did that not matter because she wasn’t an official?
    Last edited by millertop; 19-07-2019 at 08:02 AM.

Grist has a point , if you look in the rules no matter what gender you are using abusive or insulting words is unacceptable.

Double standards again.

How come we’ve never been done when certain idiots have chanted at the Posh woman? Did that not matter because she wasn’t an official?
    The rules they breached specifically related to gender. It's aimed to protect women from being subject to chants like "Get your tits out". Is that an unreasonable rule in your opinion?

The FA found that 75-100 fans aimed language at the official which was “Extremely offensive, both blatantly ***ist and in vulgar indecent language”. We can assume the "tits out" song would be included. Are male referees subject specifically to such abuse?

Would you be happy if that was your daughter on the receiving end MT?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    The rules they breached specifically related to gender. It's aimed to protect women from being subject to chants like "Get your tits out". Is that an unreasonable rule in your opinion?

The FA found that 75-100 fans aimed language at the official which was “Extremely offensive, both blatantly ***ist and in vulgar indecent language”. We can assume the "tits out" song would be included. Are male referees subject specifically to such abuse?

Or your dad?

Or your brother?

It's double standards, inconsistency and in this case being politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post

I did ask the question why haven’t we been fined over that chant.
    Explain why clubs haven’t been fined for players subject to ***ism then, we sang things to our players (about the size of his cock) have we not ?

Seriously would any one like it if it was their daughter OR SON?

I cringe when we are at Posh

you seem to think I’m against the fine which I’m definitely not

I did ask the question why haven’t we been fined over that chant.
    Explain why clubs haven’t been fined for players subject to ***ism then, we sang things to our players (about the size of his cock) have we not ?

Seriously would any one like it if it was their daughter OR SON?

I cringe when we are at Posh

you seem to think I’m against the fine which I’m definitely not
    Fair enough Top.

What songs have we sang about cock size? If it was derogatory, and there was complaints made/ref heard and reported, then I'm pretty sure there would be repercussions. It does seem double standards if so, I would agree. Not sure I agree that the 'Semi on' song is equivalent though. If we were saying Get your cock out for the lads, of course it would be. You might be thinking of another song that I can't recall though?

(I also cringed at Posh. Awful!)

Yes there's a more graphic song regarding the ex player who's now gone to wba

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast