+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As things stand, is promotion possible?

As things stand, is promotion possible?

Still time for the couple of quality players to arrive, but for whatever reason the squad doesn't improve - how would we fair, for the coming season.
    For me oddly enough, think with Costa onboard / Harrison looking fitter /sharper, attacking wise we might be ok, but at the other end, is where the issues start - defence last year not great, losing Jansson, who could head a ball, could be huge. With the likes of Ayling / Berradi /Douglas all seemingly injury prone, much will depend on Cooper / White - but over 40 odd games, tough ask.

Final position, sadly 5th or sixth.

Last season I thought middle, but was surprised and then gutted we lost out, we were weak in defence lady season, do I thought we would strengthen in that area, we haven't, we've got weaker, up front I thought we would strengthen as again we missed hatfuls, we've added Costa but roofe could still go, which leaves bamford, he may still surprise us, but don't get your hopes up, my honest opinion is unless we get a couple of good centre halves in, again unlikely, we will fall just short yet again.

We should be up there but our defence will cost us as it is now.

4th spot and another bottle job in the play-offs..hope I am wrong (obviously) but we just don't do 'play-offs' do we?

MOT

Unsurprisingly, if the squad stays "as is" I don't think we will get into the playoffs, never mind autos.

I agree with much of whats been said on the thread so far regarding players (either returning or required), except for Harrison, who might be fitter, but so what, he wasn't considerably overweight during the whole of last season, it was his work rate and delivery capability that was in question (despite the assist for THAT goal!). Thing is, without some strength in depth in attack and defence (which we don't have), there is no resilience to cope with injuries (which Bielsas training regime seems to foster rather than prevent), and suspensions (that will inevitably be generated by the fast aggressive play Bielsa requires).

If there isn't adequate promotion of some of the younger players, (Struik, Edmonson, Shackleton etc) to more regular, starting positions in the 1st team, and/or a couple of additional, quality, experienced players in the defence and midfield (at least), a top 6 finish just doesn't seem credible.

No.

Hell yes!

With a non-existent defence? Hell no. Top 10 at best...

Seems we all agree about the defence then, all except Mr bielsa, and unfortunately what he thinks is the one that counts.

As things stand, We have the same chance as a snowball has in hell.

Just now reading that flint has gone to Cardiff, another experienced centre half missed, also reading that James Chester is on our radar, not sure how much truth is in that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)