+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What a **** up this has turned into

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

Why can’t we just reverse the home/away fixture ?
    Can see the benefits but that might mess things up for our season ticket holders and other home supporters who weren't travelling to pompey but made other commitments for that date when the fixture list came out and saw there was no home game.

If it's held every year then it's up to the police to state whether they can support a safe environment for these two events and advise the club who will then advise the EFL
    I suspect what's happened is that the police have now realised it's a bank holiday weekend and they can't raise enough officers on overtime to police these two events so they,be now told the club they don't have the resources to support the football match

It really is astonishing that this has had to be postponed after travel arrangements have been made and at such short notice.
    Incompetent.

Victorious Festival is Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday

Incompetent indeed, no thought for travelling fans.

Reading have managed it for years with a much bigger festival on a bank holiday weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

READ | Portsmouth away fixture postponed due to safety concerns.

Portsmouth will look sympathetically at requests from Rotherham fans – on a case-by-case basis – who need reimbursing for pre-booked travel or accommodation.

Seriously if only EFL did their job, was always going to be a festival there on bank holiday
    They are not going to be looking too sympathetically at my case when I submit my bill for travel and accommodation

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    They are not going to be looking too sympathetically at my case when I submit my bill for travel and accommodation
    Quite a few of our lads were going down by train Friday morning and staying the weekend.
    Hotel is cancelled but Train fare is still outstanding.
    Hope it’s not an evening kickoff when it’s rearranged.....as if...

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Reading have managed it for years with a much bigger festival on a bank holiday weekend.
    And when was the last time Glastonbury Celtic had to cancel a friendly?

Or us when the Rotherham Show is on :🤔

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12