+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A run-out for the shirt

A run-out for the shirt

My old Burnley shirt doesn't see much action these days, but it's coming out of the back of the drawer for tonight, Clitheroe v Blackburn Rovers U23s. Although it's billed as the U23s they usually send their Youth Team, so I'll have to resist the temptation to hurl abuse at the young lads whenever they get close to the touchline, after all it's not really their fault their parents have signed them up to such a ****e club is it.

Aye Sinkov, just give em a wry smile

I wore my Burnley white away shirt( Mcneil 31 on the back) to the recent Europa League game here between Cardiff Univ and Progres of Luxembourg. I will always publicise the Clarets at every opportunity I get. (Also remind the locals here ,that we took 6 points off them last season!!) It’s great to be in the minority , and even better when others start getting curious of the shirt you are wearing. Makes a change from the regular big Premiership shirts you can’t escape from.

Have you still got a full mouthful of teeth Sinkov?

Name:  Trump Tower.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  53.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Have you still got a full mouthful of teeth Sinkov?
    I was chatting to two other lads with Burnley shirts on 59, there were a few Rovers fan, plus what must have been their U14s, or something like that, in Rovers tracksuits, but but I don't recall seeing even one blue and white halved shirt, nor any bother at all, there rarely is at that level.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)