+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The latest from Scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For what it's worth, I can't blame LC for turning up the negative spin dial after the way he's been blanked, from what I hear. He has a job to do after all.
    A good quality journo would have played it better. Hardy is what he is and he is now in the true light of day meeting his maker. very soon. His maker 'aint Leigh Curtis that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    A good quality journo would have played it better. Hardy is what he is and he is now in the true light of day meeting his maker. very soon. His maker 'aint Leigh Curtis that's for sure.
    In the digital age, the local rag needs the club far, far more than the club used to need the local rag, so can't blame LC for not digging Hardy out in the past. His boss, Sassi, finally decided too late that it was time to do this, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Is it just me or is the Alan Hardy Leigh Curtis thing turning into a bit of a biatch fight, i.e. AH runs off to obscure media outlet with big news LC responds by basically putting him down. Both need to grow up.
    Correct, Hardy has apparently cut Scoop out from ML info, and is using other media to sound off, in return, Scoop is making as much of a negative slant on everything as he can.

Neither is particularly helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Leigh is doing his job. Hardy is running from being held to account, hence his choice of uncritical media outlets and his (he is the club, remember) ban on the staff talking to any media.

Get off the fence, your club is being destroyed.
    Given Hardy appears to be in breach of employment law through non payment of wages, surely he is in no position, nor has any right to dictate who employees of Notts County talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Leigh is doing his job. Hardy is running from being held to account, hence his choice of uncritical media outlets and his (he is the club, remember) ban on the staff talking to any media.

Get off the fence, your club is being destroyed.
    How can a **** that’s not even paying you va
    ban you from speaking to media.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Given Hardy appears to be in breach of employment law through non payment of wages, surely he is in no position, nor has any right to dictate who employees of Notts County talk to.
    This is fair comment, hadn't considered this.

I would imagine though that media duties and obligations are dictated by the club and probably dealt with in players contracts although, being paid will be as well!

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I guess they can't selectively decide which part of the contract to treat as invalid. They will have rights against the club for non-payment but unless they end the whole contract the club will still be able to enforce the terms. So they can talk away but risk their jobs if/when it's sorted.

Hardy now has a track record of saying things that don't come to pass. It may not be a lie when he says it but they don't end up being truths either.
    Curtis as a journalist should absolutely harangue Hardy, especially now that he's chickened out of speaking to him and now speaks to another publication that is more compliant, basically an uncritical dictaphone of a newspaper.
    Until the contract is signed every utterance of Hardy should be taken with an ocean of salt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12