+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lifeline payment to staff

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    Surely, when they play away, the kit travels in the same bus as the players, underneath in the luggage bit.

So they've bought a van just to ferry kit to wherever they train presumably?
    The kit is taken by most teams these days in a van and put out by the kit man well before the team bus arrives. And stop calling Delroy... Shirley....

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I'm a bit baffled by his lack of action, its clear there is a cashflow problem he must have known some time before payday that it was coming , i think in his position i would have tried to set up a couple of lucrative home friendlies against bigger or local teams to bring in a little cash to at least clear staff wages, instead he did his best ostrich impression and made excuses and tried to get sympathy for his own losses, he is pathetic if he were my boss i'd have hung him upside down from a top floor window the day wages didnt hit my bank account, you dont want excuses when you wait a month to get paid. you expect it paid.
    That's the spirit Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    The kit is taken by most teams these days in a van and put out by the kit man well before the team bus arrives. And stop calling Delroy... Shirley....
    That seems extravagant for a team at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nottsowell View Post
    That seems extravagant for a team at this level.
    It's practical more than anything, if everything (including the players) all arrived at once they'd be hanging around waiting for the kitman to organise everything and give each player their kit, boots, shin pads, gloves, undershirts (underwear too!) whereas this way they arrive and all of that is done and ready. I don't think it's that much pampering to be fair, it's one less thing for players to have to "deal with" when they should be focusing on the game they're about to play.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I'm a bit baffled by his lack of action, its clear there is a cashflow problem he must have known some time before payday that it was coming , i think in his position i would have tried to set up a couple of lucrative home friendlies against bigger or local teams to bring in a little cash to at least clear staff wages, instead he did his best ostrich impression and made excuses and tried to get sympathy for his own losses, he is pathetic if he were my boss i'd have hung him upside down from a top floor window the day wages didnt hit my bank account, you dont want excuses when you wait a month to get paid. you expect it paid.
    I completely agree. We surely could have negotiated a pre-season home friendly with a Tottenham team or something on the back of the sale of Etete. That is regardless of the current situation.

Likewise we could have asked for a friendly with Aston Villa or even Celtic. We've helped those clubs develop their players and had good relationships with them in the past. Same with Derby.

We could have had our annual pre-season friendly with Forest but again that relationship got burnt.

Thank god for lifeline which is one of the best things that has ever been set up at the club in my view. Everyone who contributes should be proud of themselves as the money that has been given to the loyal staff will be so much appreciated I'm sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123