+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saiz gone 2-3M

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Having watched the shocking display "down under", and seen that we missed Ajayi (for £1.3m!!!) I'd just ask where the money is going (from the Pontus, Saiz, Ekuban (?), etc), now the offloads are actually happening?
    As Johnny Rotten once said at the end of the final *** Pistols gig...Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    My thoughts entirely, add Clarke in that and you've got 20 million to play with.
    We've blown it again in keeping Bielsa for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    As Johnny Rotten once said at the end of the final *** Pistols gig...Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
    Unusually for me, I'll wait until the window closes before suggesting we've "done a Leeds", but for the life of me I can't understand why we didn't at least get in the bidding for the young Rotherham lad (at least!).

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We've blown it again in keeping Bielsa for another year.
    Nailed it billy!

Unusually for me, I'll wait until the window closes before suggesting we've "done a Leeds", but for the life of me I can't understand why we didn't at least get in the bidding for the young Rotherham lad (at least!).
    Agree the lad from Rotherham was worth a shout.

Not long till the window closes and you usually find the clubs that mean business get their business done pretty quickly..you also tend to find that the players worth having are just about all signed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agree the lad from Rotherham was worth a shout.

Not long till the window closes and you usually find the clubs that mean business get their business done pretty quickly..you also tend to find that the players worth having are just about all signed up!
    Think its been a slow start to transfers this season, what with the adjustment to season for the World Cup in Sun, 2 major continent finals and youth international also. There seems to be a few big moves awaiting. Unfortunately where we are at we have to sometimes wait till that business is done.

Maybe I'm easily pleased, the best manager we have had in sometime, no longer a basket case, we don't shop in the "past the sell by date" bargain basement, crowds back, favourites for promotion, can see a team being built albeit slowly
    M.O.T.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Think its been a slow start to transfers this season, what with the adjustment to season for the World Cup in Sun, 2 major continent finals and youth international also. There seems to be a few big moves awaiting. Unfortunately where we are at we have to sometimes wait till that business is done.

Maybe I'm easily pleased, the best manager we have had in sometime, no longer a basket case, we don't shop in the "past the sell by date" bargain basement, crowds back, favourites for promotion, can see a team being built albeit slowly
    M.O.T.
    You knew I'd respond!

"We don't shop in the "past the sell by date" bargain basement".....Correction....apart from Costa who might be a 1st team start, WE DON'T SHOP, we just sell.

Well we got till the 8th of August..then thats it..you can't even get a loan after this window shuts!

So..while we have got a quality player in costa we have sold our best CB..so its like 2 steps forward 2 steps back for me this window thus far.

But even Stevie Wonder can see we need a quality CB..don't bring one in then we are asking for it..our defence is average at best (and thats been kind).

Stevie Wonder could also see that we needed to strengthen last Jan.

You knew I'd respond!

"We don't shop in the "past the sell by date" bargain basement".....Correction....apart from Costa who might be a 1st team start, WE DON'T SHOP, we just sell.
    A reminder WTF and fair point for many to digest is how do you think Leeds or any club is actually funded nowadays ?

A good example was the sale of Reading to a Thai consortium four years ago was notable not just for the length of time it took the new owners to satisfy the Football League’s Owners and Directors test but also for the manner in which the sale agreement was apparently signed I recall (all be it now over four years ago) the FSA had an interest at that time via concerned Reading fans and knowledge was made public.

Reading had taken a loan from Vibrac Corporation which the repayment obligations were secured against the future broadcasting revenue streams due to Reading from the Premier League (and including the parachute payments following their relegation in 2012/13). The security granted also covered all the other assets of and shares in Reading.According to press articles the loan was not repaid on time which allowed Vibrac to heavily influence and control the sale process.

Whilst this is in line with a secured lender's general rights and remedies once a loan is in default (which ultimately extend to being able to take control of the borrower if the loan remains unpaid), it does bring into focus the fact that taking on these types of lending facilities is by no means risk free.

Reading are not alone in utilising “forward funding” structures to raise capital -as Everton, West Ham, Fulham and Southampton are just a few others who have raised finance recently by pledging their future revenues (most commonly from broadcasting monies coming via the Premier League) in return for cash upfront from a funder. Many other clubs both in the UK and Europe do exactly the same with transfer fees which are due to be paid in instalments rather than in one lump sum please note, so you can draw your own conclusion now to how the Rad funds our club and where money generated from player sales actually goes - that situation has been going on long before Rad's arrival ......................

Obviously an independent deal for broadcasting our own games would be welcome for the cash-till but it won't happen this season so we've got what we've got and as ever I'll be backing the club positively on/off the pitch.

For balance the music industry suffered the same dilemma regarding finance but now crowd funding,YouTube etc allows artists/bands to appeal direct to a vast global audience.Which may just happen to football - who knows ........?

MOT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)