+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Something on the spreadsheet says this lad is going to be a good player , tracked him since his Portsmouth days who wouldn't sell him to us as we were a promotion rival , hence he went to Coventry for 500k .

At 21 years old he's still in the development years .

Personally at this moment in time and in my opinion he's off the pace at this level which is not to say in two years time he could be up to it .

Quite how that helps Daniel Stendel this season is anyone's guess of course .

" spreadsheet". What did the " spreadsheet" say about relegation to the 3rd division 14 months ago ?

If we've paid a million quid fo Chaplin wivved aar pants pulled darn royally. Adda rather ed that Enobakhare who tore us apart last season laikin fo Coventry.

If this is the coup signing to show us that Spud means business with the roster then a evvto say amma tad disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm trying to take the pragmatic approach with the club's recruitment policy .

What's fairly clear to me is that the two targets for around or over £2m that we were linked with are going to be difficult to get over the line because at this moment in time we lack a real positive championship brand .

Bigger clubs than us are in the same market to acquire Turnbull and Kone .

Twenty years ago we competed at this level because we had a brand , Hignett , Dyer , Sheron and Shipperley etc came here because we were a club who had a very good Championship brand , we had gates of 17k plus , paid the wages and had a PL season behind us .

We aren't at this moment in time anywhere near the level we were 20 years ago .

The truth is in the modern world of championship football we are nobody's .

Give it a couple of seasons at this level and some progression and it maybe a different story .
    Selling your best players at the first show of interest doesn't help to portray that we are serious about establishing ourselves in the Championship.
    It might encourage young up and coming talent to use us as a stepping stone, but your Turnbulls & Kones are always going to choose teams higher up the food chain. It must also have a negative affect on our players when they see their teammates leave when they think they're starting to progress.
    Our defence looks a shambles from the bits of games I've seen pre-season.
    If we'd managed to keep Pinnock & Lyndsay and somehow persuaded a Turnbull and a striker we would have stood a much better chance of staying up and not losing millions of TV money.
    If we do go down we'll start all over again in League 1 and lose the likes of Woodrow & Mowatt.
    These owners could afford a one off gamble that might just come off.
    At least it would silence the doubters if nothing else.

I can’t remember a team who have signed so many players in close season and have done well straight away? Personally I would settle for 4th bottom now!
    Unfortunately the quality of most of the players brought in is poor and Chaplin for me is probably the one I don’t understand the most?
    He had the chance to come here for less in a league lower but chose to go to a team with not much going them at that time? For me that showed a lack of ambition and if true that he thought he wouldn’t play in our team what’s changed now as we have the same two up front? And he obviously thought he wasn’t as good as Woodrow and Moore so has no belief in himself!
    I’m getting ready for the announcement that Moore is going to Bristol City or somewhere and if that happens we might as well just resign ourselves to relegation now!

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    There's no room for chancers in championship we've enough players who have never played at this level without adding another one
    Sadly I have to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Sadly I have to agree
    Similar idea in the Premiership. Little point Blunts signing players with little or no Premiership experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    There's no room for chancers in championship we've enough players who have never played at this level without adding another one
    Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Similar idea in the Premiership. Little point Blunts signing players with little or no Premiership experience.
    Funny how Chris Wilder keeps on winning matches with «*average” players

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Funny how Chris Wilder keeps on winning matches with «*average” players
    Where does the "average" quote come from ? One in your own mind me thinks.

Average players don't cut it in the Premiership. Ask Neil Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Where does the "average" quote come from ? One in your own mind me thinks.

Average players don't cut it in the Premiership. Ask Neil Warnock.
    Agree, Wilder is a good manager as is Warnock but there's only so much they can do. Sheffield United unexpectedly reached the premiership and their board have shown no serious ambition regarding bringing in decent signings to keep them there. That of course is their prerogative. Personally i think Wilder deserves a better shot at it for the miracle he's worked. Unfortunately for him that's life when a club is clearly out of its depth at that level. Signing championship players this summer prepares them better for life in that division come 20/21. Career wise Wilder would be better moving on because he can't take them any further with an ageing squad and the mickey mouse players they've signed. He must have a deep love for that club that's all I can say.

I think we will be ok this season. We are devolping a good team, the defence is new so we have to give them a chance. One or 2 more additions and who knows. Take Sheff utd as an example, average league 1 team then got promoted. Decent first season back in the championship and then the second season signed a couple of decent player like Norwood and finished 2nd in the league. I think we will be fine and it's going to be a good season for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123