+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friday v Coodnbeath

It looked like a 442 and to be honest its the best we've looked in a while. Banks being on took the onus off Mcmullen being our only real creator.

Banks and Sporle on the left looked great as did Mcmullen and Smith on the right. Both Shankland and Clark were taking turns to come deeper for the ball and i believe it was 2 up front. Shanklands link up play looks excellent btw. We put in some good crosses from all 4 wide men and both strikers could have had more.

I realise it was only cowdenbeath but we were so far ahead of them. I dont think we see that enough, against any level of opposition. Hopefully RN sticks to this more positive line up. Banks is more than ready to play, quality wee player.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    I think (esp in this league) a back 3 of Smith, Reynolds and Sporle with dropping support from midfield if needed would work.

Midfield is or should be a feast to choose from but we still need a genuine playmaker there that can be relied on. Pawlett is too injury prone and chopping and changing too often including during matches breaks the cohesiveness.
    Dude, we'd be playing half the game with one defender in that case. We can't keep the ball out the net playing 4 defenders, never mind Reynolds on his own.

In many ways we play only with Reynolds anyway, as soon as Connolly is booked (a guarantee for brain farts) he has to hold back.

But with a 5 in midfield the back line shouldn't be too concerned.

It's good to see that our fans are pretty grounded. No one was getting carried away with a draw at Tynecastle and some including me were critical of the overall performance. Good to see that we seemed more fluid against Cowdenbeath but again good to see that no one is getting carried away with that either.

There are some very very positive signs emerging. Among others a solid right back, youth breaking through and a top notch goalscorer just to name a few.
    But softly softly we seem to be heading in the right direction.

Still very much preperation mode, East Fife won't just roll over and are in a division above Stenny and Cowdenbeath so hopefully get at them early and stamp our superiority on the game

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)