+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi to Baggies?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Well if the bids are getting more realistic, we get a player on loan and there's other teams interested that's a much healthier situation for RUFC.

My sources say that we,re holding out for £2.5m
    I think that's reasonable and if it's any more or there's add ons and a sell on clause then that's a good deal imo.

Semi is not perfect, still makes mistakes occasionally and isn't the finished article. We can't expect £4/5/6m
    I agree with almost all that fb, all except the last bit of what we can expect, because I said earlier that the starting point should be 3 million, so if as has been mentioned there are 2 or 3 teams interested, and in my opinion it could even be more as others could be looking on, we could well get 5 million, with or without add ons, in a bidding war.
    Personally I don't think some of our supporters actually realise just what a talent Ajayi is, even with his faults.

On the money there pal, we always under value but the only problem is if we dont sell we end losing him next summer for nothing unless we go up..... that’s a big gamble to take. Imagine if it was your money at risk what would you do..

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Why not? It’s potential clubs buy then model them into better players
    Risk.
    What if his new employers can't iron out the mistakes. £5-6m is a lot of money for what could be a perpetually error prone player.
    It's also double what I believe we,re asking.

I'd love us to get that amount though and so would TS,s grandchildren I would imagine

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Risk.
    What if his new employers can't iron out the mistakes. £5-6m is a lot of money for what could be a perpetually error prone player.
    It's also double what I believe we,re asking.

I'd love us to get that amount though and so would TS,s grandchildren I would imagine
    Too late by all accounts if media is right we have sold for a mere 1.3m absolute joke!!!!!

Sold to WBA for £1.3m , apologies for the quality of the link .

Only worth what clubs are prepared to pay , in 12 months time he walks for nowt and WBA knew that .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...1-3m-deal.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Too late by all accounts if media is right we have sold for a mere 1.3m absolute joke!!!!!
    But, in the last 12 months of his contract, it’s a profit of 1.2 million on what we got him for originally.
    Money in the bank for TS, after what he has done for us , he deserves that.
    I would imagine that £400, 000 or so may be used to invest in players, that would stand us in good stead in league 1.
    Frecks left, we replaced him, Agard left, replaced him, we are a stable club, be thankful that we are, not a Bolton or a Bury FC.
    Let’s go this coming season and bring on some more potential that we can profit from.
    Financially sound and stable, is that we we all prefer at the end of the day?.
    Look at Rob Scott’s record at Watford and Brentford in the way of recruitment and what those players were sold on for, it made those clubs financially sound, not the price we wanted for semi, but 100% profit , plus add ons suits me!.

Good post, Stoney.

Maybe worth more, but probably good business.

Ajayi/West Brom

Use some of the cash to bring The Blackpool Centre-Back in. ( Curtis Tilt)
    Jobs a good one.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 18-07-2019 at 08:07 PM.

A scoop or a bit late Paul?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast