+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tosin adarabioyo

I acknowledge what you both say. Let's just hope he is another Reed. The other PL loanees we have tried have not been a great success.

We may well get Reed back. He hasn't featured in their tour. I don't see him making an impact. Big Sam G is probably telling him to join him here.

Sam Gallagher even joked that he tried to bring Reed in his shoe when he came to join.
    On another note Tony mowbray has said he wanted a new signing to join before today's game against rangers,he must be frustrated that hasn't happened for whatever reason.

Its edging closer
    To be completed today...apparently
    Also we might still go for the lad from Germany(name escapes me at the moment)also possible straight swap nuttall for the Ipswich goalie.
    Alot of activity over the next few days.

There it is
    He is officially a rovers player and will be a welcome addition to a patchwork defence.

Would you play him on Saturday?
    Its a no from me, needs to understand the system and colleagues

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Would you play him on Saturday?
    Its a no from me, needs to understand the system and colleagues
    If he is fit, I'd play him personally.

I feel this is the final piece of the jigsaw.
    With the budget we have, I think we have done a fantastic job of bringing in better players, who will improve us.
    And are still well within our budget. I cant think of another club who have done as much decent business, spending so little, and improving he first 11, and the overall squad.

Listening to TM today, this lad won't feature at all for the first few games. So he won't be an option.

I am going to be slightly critical here. No matter who we have, come 3pm on Sat I know who he WILL opt for. Because he is a pragmatist, he will go for the tried and trusted. He wont't take a gamble. And this could still at times really hold us back. Bennett will play RB. And will run about, puff his cheeks. But he won't provide the quality we need. His safeness, will be balanced out with the fact he won't get one cross into the box or beat a defender. And because he is a safe option, he will opt for him.
    At least this means Armstrong (or Rothwell) will play.
    Armstrong is a confidence player, and right now, he is bang in form. Play him.

Seeing the formation last week at Blackpool, we have clearly made a significant change.
    Bell plays very far forward. Brereton starts out wide left, but that's only his starting position. He runs from deep, and comes inside. Last season, he started out wide, and remained there. Same with Armstrong. Both now play further inside. Its very hard to explain by text.
    Anyone remember how an old inside left would be play? Thats how we have been employing Brereton.
    He isn't a winger, nor is he a striker. Neither is Gallagher. But Sam is closer to DG than say BB.
    We have changed things diagonally, so its a variation on 4-3-3. Only DG plays in a structured way, in one static position. It will be interesting to see how this system develops. Hopefully you will see what I mean on Sat.

I'm with TM, can't make too many changes at once. Players need time to bed in usually.

Of all the alternatives, Champs, I do think Gallagher is the closest to like-for-like where DG is concerned. I am hoping that he proves good enough to take over when Danny leaves in a couple of years. (I am assuming Nuttall will be leaving).
    Brereton's best position is a bit of a puzzler still. The thing is, ALL of the following would probably most enjoy playing OFF Graham (in Dack's role): BB, Armstrong, Butterworth, Samuel, and even Rothwell. I don't think any of those regard the "wide attacker" role as their ideal choice. It's just a matter of accepting that we do have a quart to fit into a pint-pot up front. The only real attacking winger is Chapman, with both Downing and Bennett better suited to the role of wide midfielder nowadays.
    Incidentally, I think you're writing off EB too soon. I agree that he was a long way below his best after Christmas, but if you think back to the early part of last season, he was still performing well. Equally, a lot of LT posters are simply dismissing Mulgrew now, which is ridiculous.
    As for Tosin (I take it that is what we are going to call him), it's fingers crossed for me. I totally understand why we couldn't get a more experienced player, but I fear that he will be consigned to the rubbish-bin by a certain section of our fan-base if he doesn't perform like Van Dijk in his first few games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)