+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kilmarnock out of Europe

Kilmarnock out of Europe

To a Welsh semi professional side despite having won 2-1 in the away tie last week, they lost 2-0 tonight. We've no real place to laugh at any other sides poor European efforts but jeezo, that is probably worse than our shambles against that Icelandic mob five years ago.

From a domestic point of view, it'll be interesting to see where Killie are at this season and whether they'll come down a few pegs from last season, because they were a solid side under Steve Clarke who's now gone...and I doubt they would have lost like that tonight had he still been in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    To a Welsh semi professional side despite having won 2-1 in the away tie last week, they lost 2-0 tonight. We've no real place to laugh at any other sides poor European efforts but jeezo, that is probably worse than our shambles against that Icelandic mob five years ago.

From a domestic point of view, it'll be interesting to see where Killie are at this season and whether they'll come down a few pegs from last season, because they were a solid side under Steve Clarke who's now gone...and I doubt they would have lost like that tonight had he still been in charge.
    But he's not ... and they lost.

That's an insanely bad result, arguably the worst Scottish result in Europe ever.

I think even the most optimistic Killie fan would expect s downturn this season, you can't just replace one of the best managers in your history and continue like nothing happened. July is s bad judge - Celtic lost Rodgers' first game in Gibraltar remember - but doesn't bode well.

The fact they were 2-1 up from the away leg, two away goals against a semi pro side and you still end up losing the tie, makes it all the more horrendous. I would be absolutely apoplectic if that was us and I've seen us blow many a great opportunity over the years. I have always said that European football for clubs like ourselves and clubs like Kilmarnock as well, is nothing to get excited about, just a couple of glorified friendlies with the added possibility of being on the end of an utter humiliation into the bargain and results like that for Kilmarnock and our dismal efforts under Stuart McCall just go to support that belief

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)