+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two signings...

Two signings...

Bruce insists he'll be nobody's puppet at NUFC - which is why he is certain he will get at least two signings over the line before the window shuts

Two signings will hardly be enough for us to have a full subs bench.

I have been following various threads and streams on who we may sign, all bull of course, unless you believe he is going to be bringing in 3 ex Hull players! Utter garbage the amount of false stories of who we are interested in. If he gets 2 decent players across the line it will be a miracle.

Same old same old. I reckon Ashley takes lessons from Boris and Donald on how to sell fake news, only difference is toon fans don't believe Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    If he gets 2 decent players across the line it will be a miracle.
    By Ashley's standards, yes, it will be a miracle.

By any other standard it's a disgrace.

Wow....that's the height of his ambition???????????

Two signings?? Well we've already lost our two strikers, a winger and a midfielder-and NO, I don't consider Gayle, Colback and Murphy replacements for Rondon, Diame and Kenedy so even if we get 4 new ones in, we'll still be back to where we were-a squad that almost any other manager would have been relegated with which still includes Ats and Manquillo! Add to that the fact that Yedlin is a massive liability defensively and Murphy, Gayle and Colback are all Chimpo players at the very best and we are on a hiding to absolutely nothing.

We are already short on quality, Our bench is a joke, So now he expects 3 outgoing players with 2 coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wow....that's the height of his ambition???????????

Two signings?? Well we've already lost our two strikers, a winger and a midfielder-and NO, I don't consider Gayle, Colback and Murphy replacements for Rondon, Diame and Kenedy so even if we get 4 new ones in, we'll still be back to where we were-a squad that almost any other manager would have been relegated with which still includes Ats and Manquillo! Add to that the fact that Yedlin is a massive liability defensively and Murphy, Gayle and Colback are all Chimpo players at the very best and we are on a hiding to absolutely nothing.
    This sums it up perfectly. No ambition on Bruce's behalf either, makes sense that Ashley finds him suitable for the job.

But no, we all have to get behind Bruce, he deserves a chance, he's gonna make a difference, it's not his fault at all...

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Bruce insists he'll be nobody's puppet at NUFC - which is why he is certain he will get at least two signings over the line before the window shuts

Two signings will hardly be enough for us to have a full subs bench.
    The interview I saw he said we need to replace Rondon and Perez at least.He never mentioned ONLY two signings.Thats not to say the fat man will sanction ANY signings.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    The interview I saw he said we need to replace Rondon and Perez at least.He never mentioned ONLY two signings.Thats not to say the fat man will sanction ANY signings.
    ""We are active in the transfer market as we speak and hopefully, we can get a couple of players over the line." is what he said.

Then again, in the same interview he also said "I'm like every Geordie living that dream, how lucky am I?"

Hmm...he's progressed quite far from from "managing Newcastle was never my dream job"

Sherwood, you may be right about him not being given a chance if we're having a go at every word he says before one of his teams has kicked a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    He said that Rondon and Perez have left and that area needs to be looked at. And then he said he wants to make at least a couple of signings. So there's no implication that the two strikers will definitely be replaced and then some...

Doesn't seem like he himself is convinced we'll get more than two over the line. Worrying if we're interested in staying in the league.

Ashley's hand was up his arse moving his head. Mike is a Ventriloquist Bruce is his puppet. He will be sat on Mike's knee during interviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)