+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Ajayi update

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Good luck to the lad, however we are now 18 players left including our best 2 players, and only 6 players in. Warne said this week, losing Semi is like losing 2 or 3 players, so Tilt will not be enough to replace him. This is a very depleted squad at the moment a minimum of 5 players are required to give it depth and competition for places, as a fan we should expect at least another £2m to be spent on this squad. Lastly £1.3m for him is a disgrace, Douglas strikes again
    Yet I believe that it's a stronger squad

Good luck to the lad, yes he made a few odd bloopers but you can see the skill and potential is there.

I think the fee is a tad on the low side though.

Proper low fee for a championship player. Someone said in another thread that Cardiff had a sell on fee so if that's right we aren't getting 1.5million. Should have kept him better chance of promotion. Also this vaults and semi money Rotherham get how much will be reinvested in the squad.

I'm glad now that the Cardiff deal for vaulks was done first , because had warnock seen what we were willing to take for our better players we'd have got nowhere near what we actually got. Ah well I'm off to Chesterfield tomorrow so let's see what the squads like.....UTM

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yet I believe that it's a stronger squad
    How is it stronger?
    We have a lot less players, our bench will be full of untried kids, we DO NOT have a goalkeeper, our best two players have left, we have no natural left footed wide players, lost our 4 wingers not replaced them, no competition for mattock (a player that has refused a new contract). take off the rose tinted glasses this squad may have a decent first 11 (unproven at the moment) two our three injuries and the cracks will show (Jones, Robertson, proctor etc are all injury prone)

WBA: Hi, we're interested in buying your best player Semi Ajayi.

RUFC: Well we don't need to sell him and he hasn't said he wants to leave.

WBA: OK, so roughly, what kind of fee would it take for you to change your mind?

RUFC: It'd have to be an eye watering offer. We've just sold our second best player for what could amount to £3.5m so go figure.

WBA: Hmm, you fleeced us for Reuben Reid though, remember?

RUFC: Lol yes we did!

WBA: OK, well with that in mind, we shall offer you the paltry sum of £1.3m for Mr Ajayi... Lol! Only jok....

RUFC: DONE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    His value is decreasing as every week passes and it edges towards the end of his contract.
    £4M would have been good however there’s no one out there prepared to pay that figure.
    Take the cash and go and buy Curtis Tilt on a three year contract.

Good Luck Semi Ajayi, thanks for the memories.
    Totally agree. He is worth half is value at least in January so take the money and run. Hopefully we get a sell on and more than the 1.5 with add ons. This has to be the model going forward. You can't compare another player on a different contract going for more money from a different club. The market rate is what someone is prepared to pay, based on how good they are, how long they have left on their contract, their age and a whole load of other parameters. Just because Luton sell someone for 4 million doesn't mean Ajayi is work 4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    How is it stronger?
    We have a lot less players, our bench will be full of untried kids, we DO NOT have a goalkeeper, our best two players have left, we have no natural left footed wide players, lost our 4 wingers not replaced them, no competition for mattock (a player that has refused a new contract). take off the rose tinted glasses this squad may have a decent first 11 (unproven at the moment) two our three injuries and the cracks will show (Jones, Robertson, proctor etc are all injury prone)
    I think that the players that we have signed are good signings.
    The players that have returned from injury are fit and are better than the wide players that left.
    I think that that the way things have worked out with the two sales and the wide men going means that we are more flexible in regards to the way we can set up.

I am sure that we will sign a keeper, another defender and at least one more midfielder.

We have more loan signings to come.

We're in a better place now than the equivalent time for a long time.

It’s not a done deal yet but I’m led to believe that is just the down fee with adds on its been a good deal imo, slightly lower than Vaulks but understandable in my view

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I think that the players that we have signed are good signings.
    The players that have returned from injury are fit and are better than the wide players that left.
    I think that that the way things have worked out with the two sales and the wide men going means that we are more flexible in regards to the way we can set up.

I am sure that we will sign a keeper, another defender and at least one more midfielder.

We have more loan signings to come.

We're in a better place now than the equivalent time for a long time.
    you are contradicting yourself, you said the squad is stronger then you say we will sign a keeper another defender and another midfielder and get some more loan players????????? So you are saying the squad is better as long as we sign at least 5 more players. All I will say is Bristol City at home last season, the squad was so thin on the ground we could only put very young youth players on the bench, the game was there for the taking and we had no options to push to winning the game........last season we had 12 more players than now

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast