+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Ajayi update

I always loved Semi from his first game with us I thought he would be a great player. Yes he drops the odd b#####k but overall he's very reliable and he's joined the long list of brilliant centre halfs we've had in the past.
    He's tall strong and lightning quick and 1.3 million is nowhere near enough for him, proven player in championship scoring goals as well as defending / midfield and now an international to boot. I would have thought he was worth more than Vaulks and wouldn't have listened to anyone less than 3 million realistically 4 at this time. WBA sold Dawson for 6 million and his best days are behind him. Good luck and thank you Semi. I wish you were staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Good luck to the lad, however we are now 18 players left including our best 2 players, and only 6 players in. Warne said this week, losing Semi is like losing 2 or 3 players, so Tilt will not be enough to replace him. This is a very depleted squad at the moment a minimum of 5 players are required to give it depth and competition for places, as a fan we should expect at least another £2m to be spent on this squad. Lastly £1.3m for him is a disgrace, Douglas strikes again
    How can a fee agreed between 2 clubs be anything to do with Douglas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Thanks for the update Paul , much appreciated, but our club have rolled over and let west brom rub their belly, an absolute disgrace is that fee to me.
    May be slightly on the low side, but its all a question of supply & demand - if there's only 2 bidders (one allegedly Barnsley, who probably wouldn't pay more than a million) then the only other option is keep him, and lose out on any money next summer.

We have to keep finding and developing (and yes that means selling) decent players. It's our only model available.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    How can a fee agreed between 2 clubs be anything to do with Douglas?
    Because he negotiates for us apparently 🤔

you are contradicting yourself, you said the squad is stronger then you say we will sign a keeper another defender and another midfielder and get some more loan players????????? So you are saying the squad is better as long as we sign at least 5 more players. All I will say is Bristol City at home last season, the squad was so thin on the ground we could only put very young youth players on the bench, the game was there for the taking and we had no options to push to winning the game........last season we had 12 more players than now
    This time last season we were waiting for a keeper, Towell was supposed to be coming and other key players were missing. Ajayi was a defender or a right back and not a holding midfielder.

I think that we have a stronger group of better players but as you have said in fewer numbers.

I'm not worried about the missing numbers of players being in place in time.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Because he negotiates for us apparently ��
    He may finalise the contracts, but do you seriously think he agrees a players worth?

last season we had 12 more players than now
    Yes but in those 12 are you including David and Dom Ball, Potter, Purrington, Bray, Onariase? Players who played little or no football for us last season. We're not going to miss them because we never really had them last season anyway. You can throw Palmer and Yates in there too because they barely featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Yes but in those 12 are you including David and Dom Ball, Potter, Purrington, Bray, Onariase? Players who played little or no football for us last season. We're not going to miss them because we never really had them last season anyway. You can throw Palmer and Yates in there too because they barely featured.

We have a different Head of Recruitment now

May be slightly on the low side, but its all a question of supply & demand - if there's only 2 bidders (one allegedly Barnsley, who probably wouldn't pay more than a million) then the only other option is keep him, and lose out on any money next summer.

We have to keep finding and developing (and yes that means selling) decent players. It's our only model available.
    According to The Sun (18/07, page 55).20 mins ago the figure is 2.5 million (hope so)

He may finalise the contracts, but do you seriously think he agrees a players worth?
    Ultimately yes, that's how the negotiation process works! We were told Ajayi would only leave if a club paid what Rotherham wanted for him. Make of that what you will.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast