+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Semi Ajayi update

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Transfer window doesn't close until 2 sept so plenty of time.
    Prem and the cship window closes 3w earlier so once that happens more clubs we know where they stand
    Also players who are out of contract will lower their expectations

Panic ye not
    Season starts 3rd August though. Last season we had an away game in London as our first fixture, and went there with a partly assembled squad... "We will learn from our mistakes"

Just checked - we have SEVEN competitive games to play before transfer deadline day. Need to be prepared for a busy start to the season

Hear what you say Mike but div one is a much more forgiving league than the cship so I don't think it's so critical

I'm sure we'll get one or two in before the Wombles match, perhaps Tilt and Iverson, with others to follow before the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    For some reason Douglas gets a lot of flak, not sure why because the vast majority of fans don’t know the definition his role at the club, what he instructed to do nor how much influence he holds.

Either way if things go right he gets no praise, but if things go wrong he gets both barrels from the fans.
    When Phil Henson stepped down/was sacked as manager, he was given a similar role to that of PD. From that point on, he pretty much became the poster boy for all the clubs failings and lack of ambition. If owt went wrong it was Hensons fault. If Anything good happened, Henson had nowt to do with it, and Phil Henson became known amongst his critics simply as 'The Muppet'.
    I see similarities now with PD.
    I honestly doubt PD decides what fee players leave for, just as he won't have a say in what we spend on a player. He's there simply to do the deals which he does.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678