+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaplin signs

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    10 signings.10 wages do we really need all of them ? 6 signings to replace players that left which would leave enough cash for a quality striker even if Moore stays
    Not really correct Dooali we have lost Jackson, Lyndsey, Fryers, Isgrove, Hedges, Jackson, Potts , Moncur and Pinnock from last season 1st team squad salaries and as Jules correctly says we were light in certain areas such as Goalkeeper, Central Defender and Up front and we are in the Championship not Lge 1, think most of us will also agree we are better having permanent signings then loans. Time will tell but for me thing shaping up quite well.

T.G.I.F

Sorry missed Davies said Jackson twice.......

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Not really correct Dooali we have lost Jackson, Lyndsey, Fryers, Isgrove, Hedges, Jackson, Potts , Moncur and Pinnock from last season 1st team squad salaries and as Jules correctly says we were light in certain areas such as Goalkeeper, Central Defender and Up front and we are in the Championship not Lge 1, think most of us will also agree we are better having permanent signings then loans. Time will tell but for me thing shaping up quite well.

T.G.I.F
    Agree we've replaced players in Fryers, Hedges, Isgrove, Moncur and Jackson that were bit part players at best. There's only Davies, Pinnock and Lindsay that played week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Agree we've replaced players in Fryers, Hedges, Isgrove, Moncur and Jackson that were bit part players at best. There's only Davies, Pinnock and Lindsay that played week in week out.
    "Bit part" players are part of a squad.

Only eleven players are on the pitch. With the ten newcomers added to the remaining squad there will be a few bit part players this season.

so lets hope the new signings will improve both the starting eleven and the squad strength, as ever time will tell. For sure some will and some will not perform to the clubs expectations, no different to any other club.

so lets hope the new signings will improve both the starting eleven and the squad strength, as ever time will tell. For sure some will and some will not perform to the clubs expectations, no different to any other club.
    I hope all the new kids perform well in the Championship.

I'm with Daniel in wanting a few quality signings like Kone rather than a flood of kids and I'm with Daniel in wanting some Championship experience in. In Daniel I trust.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

I'm with Daniel in wanting a few quality signings like Kone rather than a flood of kids and I'm with Daniel in wanting some Championship experience in. In Daniel I trust.
    Agree on all that SB

Serious question - does anyone think we will sign any more players? My glass is always half full but i have a feeling maybe we have done our business. Assuming Moore is staying.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

This is a battle Hecky couldn't win with Cryne two seasons ago and I'd expect Stendel won't have any more joy either .

Hecky finally got fecked off with it and that contract in front of Stendel remains unsigned .

Ajax had one of the best young teams in europe last season but still had the nous to have a couple of older heads within the team .

At this stage of the season it would be churlish to dismiss the new players as not up to it , we will see soon enough .

There's always the thought that history is about to repeat itself but we have kept the nucleus of last seasons squad .

I do have my concerns defensively I have to say , last seasons success was built on a rock solid back four which allowed us to play a very expansive style of football , the whole high press philosophy goes out of the window if you are shipping goals at two and three a game .

Even with Pinnock and Lindsay remaining at the club it would still be tough to dominate the ball like we did last season at this higher level .

Teams in the championship will be far more accomplished at beating the press than teams did last season and when they do we have to be on it defensively or we will struggle massively .

On top of that the team are expected to play out from the back , relatively easy when Fleetwood , Rochdale and Gillingham have only the one up top and came to Oakwell more defensively minded .

We saw how playing out from the back can work out playing against higher level opposition when England came up against Holland recently .

Stendel could be the best coach on the planet but without the necessary quality on the park to carry out his philosophy then he will look a total clown too just as Hecky found out .

Interesting times ahead and all will be revealed in the weeks and months ahead .

Serious question - does anyone think we will sign any more players? My glass is always half full but i have a feeling maybe we have done our business. Assuming Moore is staying.
    Need a left back and another striker for me , still only three genuine strikers at the club in Moore , Woodrow and Chaplin and we need another .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast